Thank you for your Beta feedback. We have moved from Beta to release product.
Navigraph Navdata Center is a service to update the FS2020 default navdata.
The primary reason why such a service exists is because users have reported that many airports, procedures, and navaids, are missing or erroneously coded in the FS2020 default navdata.
The secondary reason is that users have reported a preference to Jeppesen data because it corresponds better with the information on Jeppesen charts provided via Navigraph Charts.
Furthermore, referring back to the topic of “Unified Data” - as mentioned by Navigraph CEO Magnus Axholt in this YouTube video: Navigraph is the largest provider of navigational data in the flight simulation community and therefore it is more likely that the data in the simulator will correspond with other services in and around the flight simulation eco system if it is updated with the FS2020 Navdata Update Service from Navigraph.
How to Install
- First, quit your simulator before installing!
- Click on the following link to download and install Navdata Center for Windows.
This will update some files in your FS2020. (Don’t worry - the client software also has a remove function so your simulator can be put back to its original state after testing it if you like.) Log in using your Navigraph account. You need an active Navigraph Ultimate or FMS Data subscription for it to work.
- Launch your simulator and go fly.
What to Expect
The simulator is still in a fluid state and things might break after a sim update. We shall try to fix such issues as soon as we can. If you encounter any issues, or want to provide user feedback, please post in our Forum.
Secondly, when the Navigraph Navdata Center has updated FS2020, you can expect changes to the navigational data:
- Missing airports have been added (e.g. EDDS and ZBAD)
- Missing procedures have been added (e.g. ILS 16 at LIRF)
- Missing navaids have been added
- Additional VFR waypoints have been added
- 7.760 VHF Navaids have been updated
- 3.327 NDB Navaids have been updated
- 70.944 Enroute Waypoints have been updated
- 1.303 Markers have been updated
- 13.166 Airports have been updated (including COM frequencies, runways, ILS, terminal waypoints, terminal NDBs, and terminal procedures)
What Not to Expect
This navdata update service from Navigraph only updates the navigational data. To some extent the simulator will attempt to redraw the visual scenery, but this update will not affect buildings, aprons, taxiways, landmarks, geography or anything visual that, for example, a scenery developer would work with.
Known Current Limitations
In addition, we currently exclude the following items (meaning we leave the default data untouched), but expect to add when possible:
- airways and ATC boundaries
- all MilTacans
- all Com frequencies < 118 MHz
Supporting Scenery Developers
We have the possibility to add historic data too, like VHHX, but will wait to do so until scenery developers have moved some buildings out of the way. Our intention is to work closely with all scenery developers to provide a solid foundation for every visual built on top of our navdata.
Please report any findings in our Forum. If you like the service, we appreciate it if you spread the word. How about posting a screenshot on social media using hashtags #microsoftflightsimulator and #navigraph?