Simlink not connecting with MSFS

I am now having the same problem
Capture
My Navigraph installation has run perfectly for the last 4 months until yesterday when I installed the in app page. Since then I have not been able to get simlink to talk to MSFS. I have uninstalled and re-installed all fo the Navigraph components to no avail. The iOS version of charts now has the same issue and cannot link. I have gone through all of the advice you have offered already and I have confirmed that there is not a permissions issue. The community folder link is correct.
I am now at a complete loss - I have tried running the application having removed the in app page but the problem remains
Best wishes
Jeremy

I have spent yet another evening trying to resolve this issue. I have again uninstalled all the Navigraph components and reinstalled but the result is the same. Nothing I do will activate the moving map. On the PC activating the moving map icon causes the error message “Could not connect to simulator” and in iOS it reports “A running simulator could not be detected”.
Some technical support would be deeply appreciated!
Regards
Jeremy Hutchins

1 Like

I’m still also having the same issue. Navigraph is basically unusable for any live tracking.

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome.

I suggest a fresh start using exact procedure below :

Please:

• Disable any Antivirus and firewall. Uninstall AV if needed.
  • Use Task Manager to End Task any running Navigraph Simlink tasks.
  • Use only Windows Programs and Features to uninstall Simlink and Charts:

• If they exist, delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  • Download and install latest Charts .
  • Download and install latest Simlink .

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian
Thanks for your response. I have now followed the recommended procedure to the letter 3 times and sadly the result is always the same and the error messages in my previous post still appear, Simlink is simply not forming the bridge between the sim and Charts. This makes the Navigraph app of little value to me.
I notice that the online instructions for MacOs state that Charts and Simlink are in a combined download and installation. In fact this also appears to be the case for Windows. I have however attempted to load Charts and Simlink as two packages but the result remains the same.
Installing the Beta Data manager and updating data and activating the in-game panel makes no difference to the connection problems. I would just repeat that all of these issue occured following the first time I implemented the in-game panel.
Regards
Jeremy

Jeremy,

We have a new build of Simlink coming in the next days. Please hold out for a day or two and then you can try the new version to see if it works better on your system.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,
Thanks for the response - I would really welcome the chance to have a look at a beta version updated simlink.
Best wishes
Jeremy

Jeremy,

Please try the latest Simlink version which we released today.

If not prompted to update, download from Navigraph

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen.
I think this has done the trick, early testing is very encouraging. The new version of Simlink is connecting to the sim and the correct aircraft position and track is being reported. I have yet to test the in-game panel and the iOS link.
Best wishes
Jeremy

Unfortunately this does not work for me still. I uninstalled everything Navigraph, reinstalled (per the instructions you provided prior). I’m not able to connect simlink to the sim itself, and Charts and anything else dependent on simlink stops working. WT & GTN works fine, along with a slew of other apps that use simconnect. I don’t think this is simconnect related.

Here’s a copy of the log for reference. I removed any of the tokens/keys as I wasn’t sure if they were sensitive or not.

[2021-06-06 02:16:14]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	TokenController::refreshToken[1][1]
[2021-06-06 02:16:14]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	LoginController::login[https://identity.api.navigraph.com][randomtoken][2][0]
[2021-06-06 02:16:14]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	Function_Call:RESTUtilities::_get[https://charts.api.navigraph.com/1/versions/latest?operating_system=windows&software={randomtoken}][][GET]
[2021-06-06 02:16:15]	[1.1.22.0602]	[INFORMATION]	OIDC_refresh_tokens_CALL[randomtoken]
[2021-06-06 02:16:15]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	Simlink Plugin Simulator Status:0
[2021-06-06 02:16:15]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	LoginController::login_oidcResponse[randomtoken][randomtoken][3600]
[2021-06-06 02:16:15]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	TokenController::LoginController::loggedIn[randomtoken]
[2021-06-06 02:16:16]	[1.1.22.0602]	[DEBUG]	Function_Recived:RESTUtilities::_get[{"current":true,"operating_system":"windows","download_url":"http://www.navigraph.com","version":"1.1.22.0602","date_published":"2021-06-03T00:00:00Z","download_page_url":"http://download.navigraph.com/software/simlink/windows/Navigraph+Simlink.exe","software":"randomtoken"}]

How does your Simlink Status screen look?

Regards,

Stephen

Same as the original screenshot in this post.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the log for Simlink, from your posted details, it looks like there is some system configuration issue.

Can you please follow the below troubleshoot point to check system configuration,

1. Close Simlink and other running simulators.
  2. Click on the Windows “Start” button and open Settings.
  3. Now in Windows Settings go to System->About
  4. In System About please click on the “Advanced system settings” link on which right side of the settings windows.
  5. After click on “Advanced system settings”, it will open System Property window, in System Property window click on Environment Variables… button
  6. In the Environment Variable window, select “Path” from the system list and check all paths are configured as per the below image,
  7. If you did not found the red box path configured then please add them by click on “New”
%SystemRoot%\system32
%SystemRoot%
%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem
  1. After configuring all paths, then please save the settings and check Simlink with MSFS 2020.

Please let me know if you face issues after troubleshooting points.

TR,

Ahir Vishal D.
Navigraph

That did it! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.