CRJ by Aerosoft release on 16.03.2021

The CRJ by Aerosoft will be released tomorrow, When can we expect a Navigraph cycle for this Aircraft? Or is it already in the pipeline?

Hi Carsten,

The setup is ready and tested and will be released as soon the CRJ is released.

Initially, we shall offer a manual setup as above.

We are working on an installer similar to the Navigraph MSFS Beta installer to update MSFS addons. We hope to release this in the near future .

Hope that helps,
Richard

4 Likes

Thanks alot for information. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will the installer be available for download here in this Forum, or will it be on the main navigraph website?

Hi Carsten,
no, you will find the setup in “Your Account” - page under “Downloads → FMS Data” directly from the webpage.

Cheers,
Richard

Ok got it, thank you. :blush:

Available now Carsten :slight_smile: … see “Release Notes - Supported MSFS Addons”

Viel SpaĂź damit & guten Flug
Richard

1 Like

Hey! If i purchased the crj via MSFS Marketplace and the crj is located in MSFS/offical will it work with your instructions?

Yes, as I wrote … :slight_smile:
Have fun,
Richard

Just downloaded and installed perfect.

Great, thanks James for the feedback!
Have fun and enjoy the first payware higher-level addon :slight_smile: … for me, Aerosoft has made a good job with this addon :+1:

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Thanks for this!! :grinning:

Thanks a lot Richard :blush:

A post was split to a new topic: Aerosoft CRJ Installer stucks during the installation

I’m confused - shouldn’t we be able to update this AIRAC through the FMS Data Manager application?

edit: either way I’ve downloaded the manual exe from the navigraph website and I only get these options when it asks which flight sim during the installation

Microsoft flight simulator
Microsoft flight simulator X - Steam edition
Lockheed Martin P3D v3
Lockheed Martin P3D v4

I’m using MSFS 2020?

Hi Thomas,

No, all MSFS addons should be updated via the new “Navigraph Installer” (with which you install the MSFS base navdata). This “Navigraph Installer” should be the “next generation” of the FMS Data Manager" with a lot of new features. We are currently working on it and we will do this step-by-step, so you should expect a parallel operation in the next time (FMS Data Manager for FS9, FSX, P3D and XP - and the new “Navdata Updater”, this will be the new name for MSFS and his addons).

After 10 years, it would be time to developer a new tool for our updates …

The official name of the new sim is “Microsoft Flight Simulator” and therefore, this is identically with MSFS2020 in your wording :slight_smile: The new Aerosoft CRJ will be the first addon, which we add to the new “Navdata Updater” … coming soon. Till the release, please use the manual installer from the webpage as a good workaround.

Hope that helps,
Richard

1 Like

Sorry I typed it wrong, the first option actually says Microsoft flight simulator X during the installer - isn’t that FSX? If I choose that it tries to install into my old FSX install (which I dont have installed anymore) so must be a registry hangup.

So I don’t appear to have an option for MSFS

EDIT: Im being an idiot, I downloaded the digital aviation data from the Navigraph website not the one above it! So I do now see an option for “Microsoft flight simulator” but during install see this error

EDIT again: Fixed it - I copied the file usercfg.opt from C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator to the path in the error and its now worked!

Hi Thomas,

… ans thats exactly the issue. You are now using Steam as I can see on the path from where you have copied the file but you have/had also installed a none Steam version (possible the alpha) which was uninstalled not correctly or at least not complete.

The installer had identified this path to this old version because the path still exists, but he hadn’t found the usercfg.opt file in it.

I had no idea, if, how or why you still have this old path but this path is wrong and should not be used on your system because you’re using Steam and Steam has a totally other path as you see.

So, it is really highly recommanded to clean your system to avoid troubles in the future of mixing files, paths, …

Possible the uninstall procedure of the alpha failed and therefore the old path still exists. It looks that alot of alpha tester has exactly this problem, that they still had fragments of the alpha on your system.

Cheers
Richard

PS: to make it clearer: you must delete the old alpha path from your screenshot because it will never used on your system. After that all should be fine

hey there … just to doublecheck … the installer guessed the following path:

"…\Community\Aerosoft-CRJ*"

Is this really the correct path also for the MSFS Marketplace Version?

Yes, for all versions (Marketplace & Steam).

Cheers
Richard

1 Like