CRJ by Aerosoft release on 16.03.2021

Hi Richard,

Let me step in this thread. How to check that the CRJ is using the Navigraph Data? Is there a note or sign in the CRJ FMS?

Hi Norbert,

No, I don´t know anything about such “flag/sign” … the only way is to look directly in the
<your community-folder>\aerosoft-crj\Data\NavData folder

… and here open the cycle_info.txt which includes in the header the company name.

But due the mechanism, that the installation path is independent of which sim-version you have, or which addon-download version you use, you can normally be sure, that when the installer finished successfully, that you have installed the correct date in the correct location.

The installer makes a few logic checks, to identify where the correct folder is located on your system. When there is something “unclear”, the installer terminated with a corresponding message, what is wrong.

Hope that helps,
Richard

PS: It will be much more easier, when the new “Navdata Updater” is in place (which will be step-by-step the “next generation” of the “FMS Data Manager” :wink:)

1 Like

Thanks Richard for all of this!

Out of interest, when can we expect this next-gen FMS Data Manager to be released?

I installed the manual crj nav update, but Im not sure its working. In the default CRJ from aerosoft, ENRA is not in the database. When I install navigraph for the CRJ, it still cant find ENRA. I can find ENRA in the navigraph charts application for windows. Is ENRA not in your nav database?

No, no Andreas - when the installer doesn´t return any error you can be sure, that the data are installed correctly.

The MSFS CRJ has a runway-length filter implemented, which suppress all airports with runways less then 4500ft, even when the data are included. ENRA has 2861 feet so too short it seems for the CRJ …

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks Richard. Do you know if there is a way to remove the filter from the CRJ? And do you know if the ENRA airport is in fact in your database?

No idea sorry Andreas, but ENRA is included in the data - at least in our data:

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hi,

I am probably doing something wrong , as am not as experienced as many here. However I have Navigraoh data and have recently bought the CRJ , when I programme the FMC, in the database field it is tellling me that it has the DA World database is the one installed. This is despite me following the above procedures to do the manual install of the data for the CRJ . (I have also removed everything related to Navigraph and reinstalled, and this hasnt solved the problem). Any guidance would be appreciated?

Hi,
can you post a screenshot of this message please?
Thank you,
Richard

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.19 - 18.44.15.86

Hi,
this is a standard-static text, that will not be changed … Important are more or less the “Active Database” dates. But again, when the CRJ installer ends without any error-message, you can be sure, that the data are installed correctly into the MSFS CRJ.

Here are my screen - you see, identically to your´s:

Hope that helps,
Richard

Nope never used the Alpha. However I did pre order MSFS from MS Store, but subsequently cancelled the pre order and bought the Steam version.

But from where do you have the
C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8xweky...\LocalCache path (from your screenshot)?

This path will be only created, when you install a MarketStore version. The Steam version uses the path where you have copied the UserCfg.opt file …

Anyway, when you don´t know anything about this path and when you had never installed a none Steam version, I highly recommended to delete the complete path from your screenshot because the path is simple wrong and such mess can result in a un-defined status, CTDs, or similar else.

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks for your help but I’m not sure on the question. The path C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8xweky…\LocalCache was shown on the error message returned from your application when trying to update the AIRAC. I know my usercfg.opt is actually located C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

So I copied usercfg.opt from C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator to C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8xweky…\LocalCache and then your installer worked. I’m guessing your installer is looking for a registry entry to find the folder where it thinks usercfg.opt is installed? So when you say you highly recommend to delete complete path, I assume you mean C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8xweky…\LocalCache? If I do this your installer won’t work though?

So do I need to do a regedit and repoint to a different folder? Sorry totally confused. Like I say I never got invited to the Alpha but I did preorder from the MS Store, but cancelled the Pre order and went with Steam.

No, we don´t read out any registry keys.

The workflow in the installer is:
First, look which sim is installed (Marketversion or Steam) and where

Marketplace version is detected when the installer find
%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Steam version is detected when the installer find
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

After that, when the installer knows the sim, the installer looks into the corresponding path, if there is a UserCfg.opt file.

So, when you have only the Steam version installed, you can´t have the Marketplace path … but the screenshot shows exactly this Marketplace path - so it was existing on your system. You wrote, you had never installed any Marketplace version - so why do the path exists on your system?

The Steam version doesn´t use this path - doesn´t know anything about this path. So, you can delete it completely and when you run the installer again, you will see, that the installer works as expected without any copy&paste intervention.

What I personal don´t understand is, why/from where do your system has this Marketplace path when you had never installed a Alpha-version, a Marketplace version, Gamepass, … very odd.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi,
as_crj_pro_2102v4.exe don’t found MSFS
I use a limited account but installer ask admin rights. UserCfg.opt is not in admin account but in my user account.
C:\Users\Jean-Luc\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt

Hi Jean-Luc,
is it possible that you have used an “old” installer because this should be fixed since 1-2 hours after the official release … I have uploaded the installer again, can you try to download it again please … it looks a little bit strange because this shouldn’t be happened anymore.

Please re-download it and try it again …
Thank you,
Richard

I think it is not working - I’ve followed every steps, but I might be missing something!

Every time that I install airac it happens and dont know how to proceed

Hi Richard,

I also have some issues. Are you sure Community is the correct folder if the CRJ has been bought via the MS Store? The Plane resides in Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj in this case and not in Community.

Thanks
Frank

Yes I’ve also dig around abit and it seems that you actually need to install it into your Offcial/OneStore(Steam)/aerosoft-crj instead of the community Folder