Waypoints not transferring to WT 787-10 FMS

route: PMDY/06 DCT EKUZY DCT 27E80 DCT 24N175E DCT 21E70 DCT ESPAD DCT PWAK/ESPAD.R10

what I see in WT 787-10 FMS: USR01 USR02 USR03 USR04 USR05

Hi,
this is (or was) a bug in the MSFS, which should be fixed by MS/ASOBO with the new upcoming SU15 (at least in the latest SU15 beta it looks fixed).

Sorry, we have no infuence how the MSFS “translate” custom waypoint names.

Hope that helps
Richard

Edit: I was able to install the beta but the WT 787-10 is still not accepting the routes as created by simbrief downloader. it all shows as USR01 USR02.

As an aside, the problem of the WT 787-10 FMS causing MSFS to freeze, GPU use drops to 0%, all RAM being used up and CTD is happening more and more. Even after reinstalling etc.

I have read enough reports of this happening to others that I’m not going to use the WT 787-10 for now.

Hi,
as I have written - we have no influence of the “translation” of custom-waypoints. The MSFS translate the custom waypoints to USR-waypoints, thats nothing what we have in our hand. The issue (which is fixed with SU15 beta) was, that those waypoints weren´t shown correctly on the VFR map.

With this confirmed fix, the so called “North Pole issue” is fixed, plus the missing/incorrect waypoints in the VFR map, when these are custom waypoints.

Here is the official statement to this and that this is fixed in general:

… here a confirmation of this fix from a tester (if you don´t have access to the MSFS dev forum):

Please can you post a few reference links …

Thank you,
Richard

Here are the reports of the 787-10 freezing.

plus my own report from this forum in Nov '23: Navigraph data causing 787-10 freeze at SKLC (note: I no longer overclock since this report)

I have tried disabling every addon, updating drivers, reinstalling, integrity check, beta version, removing all data from /Community with no change.

The strange thing is it always happens in the same places, and always when climbing out, never after having reached cruise altitude or on descent/landing.

Here are the airports I have had this happen, again always on climbout: SKLC, CYYC, PACV, PWAK.
When I switch to another aircraft I am able to use the same file from Simbrief downloader without issue.

i9-13900kf processor, 4090 nvidia card & 4800mhz ram

Hi,
thank you - but I´m not sure, what we can do here? In all cases, what I have read now, no one use our data (or at least there was no indication to it). In your report here in the forum, Ian and I have tested this but haven´t reproduce this freeze.

So, I would recommended to use another aircraft then the 787, if this issue is reproduce able in the whole sim with all aircrafts. When not, it´s more a 787 specific issue somewhere.

Cheers,
Richard

I can confirm its not a problem with Navigraph, but I am reporting my experience here to save other subscribers time in case they encounter it as well. Really a shame because after the AAU2 update the 787-10 was working well.

PS: Can confirm the same issue is present in the WT 747-8, not surprising given their common platform.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.