Had my first issue with the msfs beta when adding a specific airway

Ran into this problem tonight. First issue with the msfs beta since I started using it a few months ago. I will note that I did not try this in another aircraft yet, just the latest flybywire A32NX dev version. Creating a flight from LOWI to LIEO with the following flight plan

MOGTI DCT XEBIX Y740 ATPED M984 LUSIL DCT SRN M858 TORTU UM858 AJO UM733 CORSI

The sim would freeze for at least 30-60 seconds (thought it crashed the first time) when importing a simbrief plan with the aircraft. Went back and tried a manual entry and the section “SRN M858 TORTU” is responsible for the temporary hang (can’t hit the ESC menu, move camera, nothing). I removed the beta install of the data and there were no issues with the same route.

Thanks Charles for the report - and welcome here in our forum :slight_smile:

I will check it, please give me a little bit time - it could really be an issue in the FBW dev version but we will check it.

Thanks again
Richard

1 Like

Hello,
I had a similar issue inserting waypoints in Italy (Also the FBW A320NX Dev). I first tried an import from LSGG to LIRF which froze (I quit the game, not sure if it would have unfroze like the OP stated). I also attempted to load a plan from LSGG to LIRN which also froze. Finally I attempted a manual entry. After getting UM730 to ATMAD entered correctly I attempted to insert M730 to LOMED. Airway entry was fine but as soon as I tried to insert LOMED the game froze again.

Full SimBrief routings:
MEDA5Q MEDAM UM730 ATMAD M730 KALMO Q223 TINKU Q705 XIBIL XIBI3C
MEDA5P MEDAM UM730 ATMAD M730 LOMED Z910 ERIKA M736 TEA TEA2D

I tried a flight in a different part of the world (KDTW-KMCO) and no issues importing that flight plan.

Then I uninstalled the Beta data and tried my LSGG-LIRN again. It uploaded the flight plan from SimBrief with no issues.

Have you tried it with the stable version of the FBW A320 also? Because a dev version is a dev version and I will only test against the stable version.

Additional to this:
Have you tried it with the WorkingTitle CJ4 also?

Cheers
Richard

I’m afraid I do not own the CJ4.

However I attempted the same flight plan using the FBW Stable 0.5.4 after deleting the dev version:

1. Reinstalled the Navigraph Beta data (2103 rev2) from the installer
  2. Installed the A320 stable using their installer
  3. Launched FS2020 and loaded into LSGG
  4. I loaded the same LSGG-LIRN flight plan from SimBrief into the MCDU via AOC
  5. On the INIT A clicked the button (Init Request) to import the data and plan. The INIT A page updated with the correct data (From/To, Flt#, CCI, CRZ, etc) but then the game froze at that point with “UPLINK INSERT IN PROG” on the scratchpad.
  6. This time I waited and after about 2 mins the game unfroze and I got “AOC ACT F-PLN UPLINK” message.
  7. I was able to manually add SID and STAR and the Flight Plan looked like it added all the Airways and waypoints correctly.

So it does appear that something in the Navigraph data is causing the freeze.

Sorry for the double post but I did some more research. I loaded the stock 787-10 into LSGG and started manually inserting airways. When I got to M730 LOMED the game did not freeze but the FMC gave me an error “2nd Index Not Found”.

Because the game didn’t freeze I attempted other waypoints on the M730 (RUXOL, BALUK, BAGNO, and LIKNO) none of which worked.

Then I tried to add M730 to KUMIN which worked and Y11 to TOP also worked. After TOP I attempted M730 to LOMED which did not work. Then the game froze and did not unfreeze after 5 minutes I quit.

So besides my OP about the A32NX I tested with CJ4 and CRJ both worked fine but CRJ is expected since it uses a separate navdata installer than the default sim. However I just picked up a mod for the 787 which still uses sim data like the A32NX and allows simbrief import and airways. It hung at the same point but its importer shows each waypoint on an airway as it’s being parsed.

On my original problem section of “SRN M858 TORTU” it temporarily froze the sim when it got to the OTMUV waypoint on the M858 airway. Looks like there’s about 6-7 waypoints on that airway and OTMUV is literally right in the middle.