RNAV Basic T design missing IF/IAF fix in X-Plane 11

We are running X-Plane 11 on our Gleim BATDs. The IF/IAF on RNAV approaches is not loading. The fix should be prior to the hold as seen in this picture.Aircraft G430 KEST GPS 16.pdf (607.0 KB)

X-Plane has been incorrect for a bit, so I updated with my new Navigraph account and the issue was not fixed. This is what we get in the Sim. X-Plane KEST GPS 16.pdf (293.9 KB)

I also checked another nearby airport on the Sim to find the same issue as depicted here… X-Plane KEGQ GPS 13.pdf (261.0 KB)

Hi,
sorry but I don´t know anything about your Gleim BATDs, therefore I have tested this in the XP11 default G1000:

KEST GPS 16 approach via UYJOR (IAF):

Select “no course reversal”:

Result:

The same for KEGQ GPS 13:

Sorry, but it looks correct, at least in the default G1000 with our XP11 data.

Cheers,
Richard

PS: please don´t use PDF to upload screenshots - either Posting Guide - Uploading Screenshots or when this is not possible the pictures directly, but no PDFs please - thank you!

Hi,
Gleim BATDs are running X-Plane 11. Don’t think the simulator brand has anything to do with the issue. Gleim did say to contact you for your professional support.

If you answer “Yes” to flying the course reversal, the fix does not appear as indicated in this pic

At this time we use the G530-G430 configuration, because they are what are in our actual airplanes, and it has the same fixes as if answering “Yes” in the G1000. There is not an option to answer yes or no to the procedure turn. If we do not want a procedure turn we simply delete it from the FPL.

If answering “Yes” to the procedure turn, you still need a fix to navigate to. We can’t navigate to a Hold.

Regards,
Dwayne

Hi Dwayne,
here is the complete coding of the R16 approach via the UYJOR transition:

APPCH:010,A,R16,UYJOR,UYJOR,K3,P,C,E  A, ,   ,IF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,    ,    ,-,06000,     ,18000, ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
APPCH:020,A,R16,UYJOR,UYJOR,K3,P,C,EE H,R,   ,HF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,1690,0050,+,03400,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
APPCH:010,R,R16, ,UYJOR,K3,P,C,E  I, ,   ,IF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,    ,    ,+,03400,     ,18000, ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
APPCH:020,R,R16, ,XUMYI,K3,P,C,E  F, ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,1690,0061,+,02900,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
PRDAT:A,       LPV,A, LNAV/VNAV,A,      LNAV, ,   , ,   , ,   , ,   ,J,S;
APPCH:030,R,R16, ,RW16,K3,P,G,GY M, ,   ,TF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,1690,0048, ,01347,     ,     , ,   ,-300,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
APPCH:040,R,R16, , , , , ,  M , ,   ,CA, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,1690,    ,+,01569,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
APPCH:050,R,R16, ,OHYEQ,K3,P,C,EY  , ,   ,DF, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,    ,    ,+,03400,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;
APPCH:060,R,R16, ,OHYEQ,K3,P,C,EE H,R,   ,HM, , , , , ,      ,    ,    ,3490,0050, ,     ,     ,     , ,   ,    ,   , , , , , ,A,J,S;

You see in the A-records/transition records (the first two lines):
the IF (Initial fix) leg UYJOR and after that HF (holding in lieu of procedure turn) via UYJOR

In R-records/final records (all following lines):
the first leg is also the IF (Initial fix) UYJOR → XUMYI → and so on …

Thats what we offer in our data, in the X-Plane11 data - I´m no real pilot, nor do I know exactly how the G1000 handle this in real-life and if this is wrong or right, sorry. Only from the coding point of view, I can´t see any error, with or without using the transition (course reversal) - you see in both cases UYJOR as initial fix.

Cheers,
Richard