FMS Data Manager is not finding any addons, can't add addons

I’m using FS2020 and wanted to try LittleNavMap. My FMS Data Manager is not able to detect any addons nor can I add addons by myself. What am I doing wrong?

I’m running FMS Data Manager 1.8.05.1105 on Windows 10 Pro 2004.

Hi…,

Welcome.

Please disable any Antivirus and firewall.

Please use Windows to uninstall FMS Data Manager.

If they exist, please delete folders:
c:\ProgramData\Navigraph\FMSClient and c:\Program Files (x86)\Navigraph\FMS Data Manager.

Please download and install latest FMS Data Manager .

Also note FAQ - Navigraph MSFS Navdata Update Beta Installer

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

this did not work. I uninstalled Navigraph FMS Data Manager via Windows 10 App Management. Then I deleted both folders, rebooted the PC and installed the freshly downloaded software again. The issue with not having addons in the dropdown selection persists.

I have no AV or firewall software installed on this machine (there have not been any of these products installed ever) except the core Microsoft Windows 10 features. Do I have to disable them? It worked a some time ago with XP11 like a charm.

I was not using the Beta Installer and I was not using the Beta updates for MSFS.

Do you have any other ideas?

Regards
Marcel

Hallo Marcel,
please can you look into c:\ProgramData\Navigraph\FMSClient folder if you have a “valid” data.index
file (means with a content in it)? This file will be loaded during the startup of the manager, when you have the correct rights it will be downloaded. I assume, you miss some rights …

Thank you
Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you for your answer. I can’t find a file named data.index in this folder. image

I attached the logfile I found in the folder . It shows an error

[2020-12-30 15:26:50][6][1] - CInitializer::onUserInitializeFailed [cinitializer.cpp:115]: {
    "error": "Access token was not found."
}

20201230-152649.log (7.9 KB)

Regards
Marcel

Hi Marcel,
thats exactly the reason. For some reasons you don’t have rights do download the this file, or the token … We will check your account - please be patience … It’s not on your side, its on our side. Sorry!

Cheers
Richard

Hello,

I have the same problem, I have done the same and the “data.index” -file is missing too. The only differences are that I am using XP11 and Windows 10 Home instead of the Pro version. It would be great if you could also take a look at my account.

Thanks in advance
Fin

Hi @NAVData, I have the same issue, also cannot download the index file. Your help would be appreciated!

Can’t add or scan for any addon in FMS data Manager - FMS Data / General - Navigraph

3 posts were split to a new topic: FMS Data Manager Issues

My account was also just created, wonder if there is a delay on the servers, or that new accounts have a new bug…

Hi Team,

Welcome and Happy New Year.

Apologies for delay in getting this resolved.

Maybe as a workaround try Manual Installs. For X-Plane 11 please also see my post at Installing navdata update on Xplane 11.50

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

I’m not using XP11. I want to install the Navdata into Simtoolkit Pro and LittleNavMap.

Regards, Marcel.

Hi Marcel,

Please use Manual Installs, open FMS Data Manual Installation and download for Simtoolkit Pro and Little NavMap.

Please unzip and install simtoolkitpro_2014.zip and lnm_2014.zip.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

cycle 2014 has been manually installed. Thank you for the workaround. Besides it would be nice to have the FMS Data Manager running fine and to have the reason (account issues) solved.

Cheers
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

You are welcome. Thank you for letting us know.
We shall continue to work on FMS Data Manager.

Cheers
Ian

Hello,

first of all I wish you a Happy New Year too. I did the manual installation already during the 2013 cycle, but of course it’s way more comfortable to use the FMS Data Manager. Maybe it’ll help you that the FMS Data Manager says that I have a Navigraph Ultimate Monthly subscription even though I have the yearly FMS Data subscription.

Cheers
Fin

Hello thread! I have some news that could be of value to some of you at least.

It seems like the root cause of the issue might be that some home routers have security rules that affect the functionality of the FMS Data Manager.

Because of internal limitations, we need to use direct IP addresses to download the index file mentioned above. This fact might be what’s causing your issues, as some router settings will deny the request to our servers, leaving the FMS Data Manager without data which ultimately results in the empty dropdown.

After a private discussion with the OP, we were able to conclude that he had turned on a filter in his router (FRITZ!Box), after which the problems started occuring. If anyone believes that they might be in a similar situation, here’s how to solve it in this particular case:

1. Click “Internet” in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
  2. Click “Filters” in the “Internet” menu.
  3. Click on the “Lists” tab.
  4. Click the “Edit” link next to the list “Permitted IP addresses”.
  5. Allow access to 213.136.36.232 directly accessed by the device.
  6. Click “OK” to save the list.

If you have a different router, you can try to connect your computer to a cellular connection (i.e sharing internet from your phone) and see if the issue persists. If it does, your router is blocking the connection and you should consult its documentation to determine how to allow it.

If, however, using a cellular connection still does not work then please advise and we’ll open a separate thread to solve the issue!

Thank you for your patience everyone, hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Malte

1 Like

Works like a charm, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.