Charts requires sign-in after sleep

I’m still having trouble keeping Charts signed in on my PC. It seems like this is related to putting my PC to sleep. After wake-up, I must re-sign into the Charts app each time. This was not the case in the past so either something with Windows has changed or something on the Charts side. Is there a setting I can check perhaps? This gets very annoying as my computer is put to sleep many times in a day and so it follows that many times in a day I may need to re-sign into Charts.

Hi…,

Please confirm it is Charts and not Simlink requiring relogin?

Is there a difference if you use Charts Cloud ?

Cheers
Ian

I suppose SimLink is the app I must use to reconnect so it could be the app that’s not keeping me signed in, with the end result that Charts is not connected. I have not tried Charts cloud. Is that the preferred way to keep charts open and active now?

I’m having the same problem. Any time I leave charts open and sleep my computer, it is on the sign-in screen when I wake up.

This usually happens when a program wakes up before the network card initializes, causing authentication requests to fail.

Hi,

Which version of Charts is installed? Check Settings.

Regards,

Stephen

Yep, still happens to me constantly. It’s simlink and it’s always signed out after my computer wakes from sleep. Loads of other apps seem to be able to manage this so I really don’t see what the problem is with making this work.

it has been a long time issue to me for this, sometimes simlink as well

Hi,

There is a new 8.25.1 version available. Install when prompted. Does the problem remain in this version?

Regards,

Stephen

Seems to be fixed. It now shows a “you appear to be offline” message for a few secs and then loads successfully.

I stand corrected. It has asked for sign-in the last couple times I woke my computer.

Hi! Sorry to hear that this is still an issue. Please follow the following steps:

1. Press ⊞ Win+R
  2. Copy and paste the following into the window that appears: %appdata%\Navigraph Charts\logs
  3. Press Ok
  4. A windows explorer window should open with one file listed - main.log.
  5. Create a reply post on this topic, and then drag the file mentioned above into your reply to upload it!

Kind Regards,
Malte

I’ve attached the file and also found the relevant section:

[2023-04-29 06:20:47.449] [info]  Checking for update
[2023-04-29 06:20:47.450] [info]  updater-status-message: Checking for update...
[2023-04-29 06:20:47.454] [error] Error: Error: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
    at SimpleURLLoaderWrapper.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:101:7167)
    at SimpleURLLoaderWrapper.emit (node:events:527:28)
[2023-04-29 06:20:47.455] [info]  updater-status-message: Error when updating: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
[2023-04-29 06:20:47.455] [error] Error: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
    at SimpleURLLoaderWrapper.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:101:7167)
    at SimpleURLLoaderWrapper.emit (node:events:527:28)
[2023-04-29 06:20:48.331] [error] Failed to refresh tokens. Forcing signout. Error: Network Error
[2023-04-29 06:20:55.974] [error] Failed to refresh tokens. Forcing signout. Error: No refresh token found
[2023-04-29 06:20:55.974] [error] Failed to refresh tokens. Forcing signout. Error: No refresh token found
[2023-04-29 06:20:56.097] [error] Failed to refresh tokens. Forcing signout. Error: No refresh token found
[2023-04-29 06:22:47.452] [info]  Checking for update
[2023-04-29 06:22:47.453] [info]  updater-status-message: Checking for update...
[2023-04-29 06:22:47.552] [info]  Update for version 8.25.2 is not available (latest version: 8.25.2, downgrade is disallowed).
[2023-04-29 06:22:47.553] [info]  updater-status-message: You are running the latest version of Navigraph Charts.

main.log (645.8 KB)

Ah! Great. That actually makes sense!

When Windows wakes up from hibernation, network connectivity is down for a short duration. If we try to verify your session during this time, the attempt will fail and as a result - you will be signed out.

We shall investigate if there is anything that we can do about it!

FWIW, this would be marginally less annoying if the browser remembered my login so I didn’t have to enter password each time.

It does remember your login. The thing is, when a signout like the one I described happens, you are fully signed out. Not just signed out of charts, your account is signed out.

I understand (and agree with the fact) that this is annoying. The reason why this is happening is because generally, when you sign out of an application, you probably want to sign back in again - sometimes with a different account! If we would not fully sign you out, you would never get the chance to switch accounts.

As mentioned already, we will look into this and see what we can do to improve the situation! Just wanted to shed some light on the issue.

Kind Regards,
Malte

@skysail

For the past month or so, Simlink will not stay signed in. I’ve had it stopped signing in because after 15-30 minutes, it tells me I need to sign in again. All my friends who I fly with have the same issue about constantly having to sign-in… Everything is up-to-date and even every couple of days, I have to sign-in to Simbrief on my PC and Navigraph Charts on my iPad.

This is driving me insane. What’s going on?

Yeah, this problem is really frustrating and as mentioned before, Navirgaph’s various utilities are still the only applications on my PC that can’t seem to keep me signed in for a reasonable length of time.

Now, here’s a temporary workaround for those of you sleeping your PC. This is not a solution and is far from ideal but it does work. Untick the following:

Hi all,

We are working actively on this issue and will return here when we have some progress to share. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Stephen

Just a note that the above “trick” is no longer working for me. I did manage to stay signed in for a few days once though, so I thought I might be good with that.

Hi,

We have developed a potential fix and will release it when testing is done, hopefully later this week.

Regards,

Stephen