Navigraph charts on my desktop says I need to sign in even though I'm already signed in. Can't display charts

I don’t know where to turn. Can’t find any answers by searching. Yes, I tried.

When I bring up Navigraph Charts, the same program that had been working fine, all I get is a screen asking me to sign in. I keep signing in, and verifying that I am signed in, but still can not use the charts. All I get is the screen asking me to sign in again. If I click on Sign In again, it gives me a window asking me to Choose an Application to Open the Navigraph Charts Link, and it highlights Navigraph+Simlink.exe. If I click on the “Open Link” box, it wants to install this program. However I already have the latest version of this installed and it is running. I’ve treid re-installing it, but it makes no difference.

In the past as soon as I clicked on my shortcut to run Navigraph Charts.exe I got charts displayed. I’ve tried this with my sim (both FSX and X-Plane 11) running and not running. No difference. I can not access any charts.

I’ve verified I still have a current subscription.

I’d sure appreciate an answer to solve this problem.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Welcome.

Sorry to hear your issue. What has happened on your system since it was working?

I suggest a fresh start using exact procedure below :

Please:

• Disable any Antivirus and firewall. Uninstall AV if needed.
  • Use Task Manager to End Task any running Navigraph Simlink tasks.
  • Use only Windows Programs and Features to uninstall Simlink and Charts:

• If they exist, delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  • Download and install latest Charts .
  • Download and install latest Simlink .

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

No, didn’t work.

Nothing has changed on my computer that I know of since the last time Navigraph Charts was working a few weeks ago other than possibly automatic updates (Windows 10) and automatic updates for AVG Antivirus. This computer is only a few months old and was built by X-Force computers for the purpose of running flight sims. I’ve been very careful about what programs I’ve installed and how I’ve installed them, and Navigraph Charts had been working fine until I tried to do a flight yesterday.

I followed your instructions exactly and re-installed both programs from the links you provided then restarted the computer. But when I started Navigraph Charts after doing this I got the same results as before. First it asks me to sign in even though I’m already signed in. Then after clicking the “sign in” button it takes me to your web site and has me sign in again. After signing in again it presents me with a small setup window that seems to think I want to install Navigraph Simlink but tells me it’s already running and I need to close it first. (I’d already verified that my new install of Simlink was running and appeared to be connected to my sim (FSX) as it was receiving location data. This is exactly what it was doing before and allowing this setup window to close and re-install Simlink doesn’t fix anything.

Hi Ian;

Thanks for the response. I answered on the web site but got no further response. Perhaps that wasn’t the way to do it? I’ll try responding directly to you in this email.

Unfortunately this didn’t work.

Nothing has changed on my computer that I know of since the last time Navigraph Charts was working a few weeks ago other than possibly automatic updates (Windows 10) and automatic updates for AVG Antivirus. For what it’s worth, this computer is only a few months old and was built by X-Force computers for the purpose of running flight sims. I’ve been very careful about what programs I’ve installed and how I’ve installed them, and Navigraph Charts had been working fine until I tried to do a flight the other day.

I followed your instructions exactly and re-installed both programs from the links you provided then restarted the computer. But when I started Navigraph Charts after doing this I got the same results as before. First it asks me to sign in even though I’m already signed in. Then after clicking the “sign in” button it takes me to your web site and has me sign in again. After signing in again it presents me with a small setup window that seems to think I want to install Navigraph Simlink but tells me it’s already running and I need to close it first. (I’d already verified that my new install of Simlink was running and appeared to be connected to my sim (FSX) as it was receiving location data. This is exactly what it was doing before and allowing this setup window to close and re-install Simlink doesn’t fix anything.

I hope there is something that will fix this as your charts are very important to the type of flying I do.

Thanks for your help;

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Can you please try as a test setting Chrome as your default browser, running Charts Desktop and logging in. Any improvement?

Can you run Charts Cloud ?

Cheers
Ian

Yes! Success!

I never would have thought to try that, but setting Chrome as my default browser worked. I’d had it set to Firefox, which had always worked before. Maybe something changed in a Firefox update??? Whatever it was, I’m thrilled to have my charts back now.

Thanks so much!

Wayne

P.s. Charts Cloud seems to work too. (Never used that before.) As a test I even switched my default browser back to Firefox, logged out of Navigraph, and then opened the link to Charts Cloud and it still worked.

Hi Wayne,

You are welcome. Thank you for the update.

Glad it is resolved.

Happy flying

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.