Windows Error R6034

Hi guys,
short what was changed in these FDM version(s).

The major change was indeed a core-library of the QT version (from 5.7 to 5.15) and the platform toolkit (VS20215 for XP to VS2019, incl. the latest SDK version 10). These versions were approx. 7-8 years old (or older) and due security and technical reason we had to update these components to the latest versions. So, that was the really major change in the FDM - additional we had made some improvements for addon-scaning and multiple monitor support.

Indeed, to install the FDM on an more or less “empty” virtuell machine is not very representative, but it´s good to see, if the installer install all correctly, register all correctly and setup all correctly to work correctly - and that´s exactly the case. We have tested it from Win7 (x86/64) versions till Win10 Home/Prof (x86/64) version.

So, why I still think it´s an issue on your systems:
The FDM works AFTER pressing “ok” of these R6034 message. I see this in the several logs from you, which I have analyzed. There was error or similar else in the logs. I don´t see these error because this error comes “long” before the main-application starts, so when some core-components will be loaded. Therefore I can´t log this and I don´t see this error in any logs.

Also the fact, that we have only a handful reports (of course not good too) with this error shows me, that this is not a bug in the FDM code (error popped up before the application starts). So, there is any other issue somewhere (corrupt files, wrong registered components in the registry, the path-variable contains a “redirect” to other core-components, …). There are a lot of things what I have read from several sides.

I can´t reproduce it and therefore I have no idea (expect that what you can read in the internet) what the cause is. As I wrote, when I can look on one of the infected machines (via a remote-session) I would try the “ProcessExplorer” to look, which core-components the FDM will be loaded and from where/which location. That could be a good indicator to see, if the FDM loads the right components from the correct location.

Also, I would try to start in Windows Safe mode to see, if the FDM works without loading any MS services, and so on, and so on, … there are so many ways. It is hard to say but what I know is, this is not a coding issue in the FDM and without to reproduce this, I can´t give you a valid, professional answer how you can fix this.

Again, what I can do is, to offer a remote-session to look together on the system and to look, if we can find the issues. Only to build new versions aren´t a solution, sorry.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,
Same problem, followed all suggested steps. Have correct version (x86) MS Visual C++, reinstalled from download too, sfc /scannow no integrity violations, error pop-up persists although FMS DM seems to run normally.
Windows 10 Pro, v. 20H2, OS build 19042.928. Wonder if those reporting problem have same version and builds.

Ron H

Hello Richard,
Thank you again for continuing to work this issue that presently has only been reported by a handful of users.

Yes it is clear there is no issue with that portion of the code that actually runs the application. However it is also clear that something has changed in that portion of the code that loads whatever windows resources are needed, and apparently those resources are provided in spite of the error notice. I suspect that change may be buried down in the updated QT core-library and it apparently conflicts in some way with the configuration of some user machines.

I do understand your desire to run a remote session to probe further into an affected machine. However I depend on too many other applications to risk any unintentional mishaps on either of my two pcs. At least for now, as long as FDM does its thing, I am willing to ignore that obscure Windows Error 6034 by simply accepting it.

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the new update program. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work. The error still the same and now the program can not find the navdata on FSx. I can not update the database anymore. So I will return to the previous version.
My best regards
Alexandre Markovits.

All right thanks - this version was only for testing isn´t published … due the fact, that this kind of error isn´t reproduceable and I haven´t seen it on any customer PCs, I will let it now as it is. As I wrote, I´m 100% sure, that this is an issue on the systems because when it would be a general issue, we would have more than four reports. Also, my investigation via internet comes to the same conclusion …

Sorry, we will stay on the version as it is … FDM is working after pressing ok and that´s important.
Thanks again for your help
Richard

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.