Runtime Error Starting FMS Data Manager

I am getting a runtime error dialog box popup claiming R6034 when starting the current version of FMS Data Manager. After clicking OK the application appears to run as expected. The only application using FMS data on this Laptop is Little Navmap and its data base was updated. No simulators or simulator addons are installed. I also have the same thing happening on my desktop pc after updating to the latest FMS Data Manager. This pc has FSX with addons, MSFS, and Little Navmap. These were all updated as well. Please advise.

Hi Harvey,
thanks for your report … it looks, that the redistributable package was not installed correctly or some files are corrupt.

Please download the redistributable package from here and install it manually - after that, try it again please:
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

Please let us know, if this helps or not :wink:
Thank you,
Richard

PS: normally, you must not reboot after installing this Microsoft C++ package - but I would do it :slight_smile:

Richard,
This happened on two installations of the current FMS Data Manager on two different pcs. It would appear to be a problem with this particular version of FMS Data Manager. I installed the redistribution package as you suggested, and restarted my Desktop pc. However I received the same error starting FMS Data Manager. On my Laptop I uninstalled the redistribution package and FMS Data Manager. I then reinstalled FMS Data Manager only to find the same error on startup. I also uninstalled the redistribution package and then downloaded and installed the same package from the Microsoft website. The problem persists with the redistribution packages from three different sources; Navigraph, the link you provided, and the Microsoft website. I do not think the problem is in the redistribution package. Please advise.

Hi Harvey,
please can you upload the latest log-file, that I can see, where (and if) the program at least starts.

You will find it here:
%programdata%\Navigraph\FMSClient\logs

Thank you very much,
Richard

Richard,
As I pointed out after clicking ok in the error pop-up the program appears to start and run as expected. This is the latest log file from my Laptop.

20210405-075609.log (12.3 KB)

Hi Harvey,
please can you re-download the FMS Data Manager and can you try to install the newest version now? It should be 1.8.9.0409 … we haven´t published it yet, but we have still uploaded on the webpage. So please download it from the webpage and install it.

Thank you,
Richard

Hi Richard,
I did install the newest version 1.8.9.049 as you suggested after uninstalling the previous version. However the same error pop-up shows up on startup and the program runs as expected after clicking ok in the pop-up.

Hi again,
you have any runtime issue on your system but I guess without an remote session, we can’t fix it. The app is working as expected but during the startup, where the runtime libs will be loaded, there seems any issue on your system.

So, we have two possihilities now:

1. A remote session (via teamviewer or similar else) where I can look on your system and can try to fix this
  2. You let it as it is because the app works as you wrote after clicking ok

Let me know, what you prefer todo please
Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,
I think it is best to leave things as they are as long as it works. It does seem strange that the problem came up on two different pcs after that update. It is just not worth messing around with either machine to fix such an obscure windows thing with that particular application.
Thank you for checking into this issue.

Allright - just a hint:
This error message occurs, when the application finds duplicate copies of the MSVC runtime library version (in our case 14 - msvcr140.dll). The duplicate copy is typically provided to the application when a folder with a copy of this runtime library file (in our case msvcr140.dll) is included in the PATH environment variable.

So in other words - I´m 100% sure, that you have duplicate msvcr140.dll files on your system from different application - and that should be fixed :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

Hi again and thanks for the hint.
After looking in every folder in the PATH variable of my Laptop I cannot find any copy of msvcr140.dll. Furthermore a general search for that file fails to find it anywhere on that pc. Could that actually be the problem and if so how does that happen and why does the program run at all??

Hi,
this file should be existing at least in the FMS Data Manager folder. Further, when you have install the MS redistrib package from the link above, you also should have this file somewhere because it’s a part of this MS redistributed file.

And last, when this file doesn’t exist, the FMS Data Manager won’t never start. So, in other words - the file is somewhere. Sorry

Cheers
Richard

Richard,
The file that does exist is on my laptop is msvcp140.dll not msvcr140.dll. It appears in the FMS Data Manager folder, the windows system32 folder, and many other locations. However I find no other copies in any of the folders in my PATH variable. Even if there were multiple copies somewhere within the folders of the PATH variable it would not be wise to delete them because to do so could adversely effect other applications. What is becoming clear to me is that there are many other applications on this pc that use this runtime library without triggering this error as did FMS Data Manager prior to the update.

Sorry, was a typo on my side … As I wrote, it is very, very difficult to analyze it from outside without look directly on the system.

We use QT as base framework and when no other application uses this framework, it’s clear that you get this message only in our application.

Due several reasons we had to updated the QT version and this version needs the latest toolset. Again, normally it’s enough (on most of our customer systems) to install the redist-package. This deployment is the common/recommended way from MS. For some reason, this is not working on your system and also it doesn’t work, when the necessary runtime-files will be locally deployed via the setup as in the current version.

I’m still sure, that you have a conflict with the runtime files and the error during the startup shows this. Sorry.

Cheers
Richard

PS: possible, I can bind the runtime-files from the setup to our application, but that takes time

I just accepted the latest update to FMS Data Manager (1.8.9.0409) and I am having the same problem. I have read this entire thread and I too have mscvp140.dll in my FMS Data Manager folder and in many other locations on my drive. There is no way to know which of the 15-20 versions on my computer are causing this new conflict. It really appears that there is something different in this latest version of FMS Data Manager which is responsible for this new error. I see that you are hinting at a cause but I don’t understand your references to the QT base framework.
Despite this error, FMS Data Manager still loads and appears to be working normally but I worry that something might be missing. Please advise! Thanks for your assistance.
Best Regards,
Scott

FMS Data Mgr Error

Richard it seems like you have a good idea of what is going on with the update. I know nothing about QT framework but it looks like you have a work around. Please do take the time to try to rectify the problem. Thank you for your efforts.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.