Navigraph_fms_data_manager_1.8.6.0315.exe on Windows 8.1 not supported?

Why does the navigraph_fms_data_manager_1.8.6.0315.exe not support Windows 8.1???

Please fix,
Bernd

Hi,
we are still working on a fix … Please be patience.
Cheers
Richard

Thanks for the information, Richard.

Cheers,
Bernd

1 Like

Hi Richard,

update to <navigraph_fms_data_manager_1.8.7.0401.exe> works, … great.

But, on close I get the following message:
On_Close

This is not normal for closing an application in normal operation.

Please fix,
Bernd

Hi Bernd,
I confirm that - also reproduceable on our test enviroment. Thanks for that report but please be patience for the fix because this looks a tricky one in the new Qt library, which we use.
It is also possible, that we can’t fix this when this buffer overflow (thats the reason) is really in the QtCore file.

I will check this in the next couple of weeks. The crash isn’t dramatic - it looks, that it happend during the memory clean up short before the application close. But I’m with you, not normal and we will look deeper into it to solve this.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,
looks like there is an object or instance that isn’t de-referenced or unloaded or isn’t ‘null’ or closed or these was done to early for the stage in time.

I wish you success.

Cheers,
Bernd

Hi Bernd,
yes, but I have traced/debugged the coded and in our code all seems to be fine. I´m still analyzing but it looks more a Qt-library issue somewhere … but again, I need more time for a final answer.

Thanks again!
Cheers,
Richard

Hi Bernd,
I have fixed the Windows 8.1 crashed with the next version. We are currently testing it but on my Win8.1 virtual machine, the application closed now normally. Will inform you here, when the new version is online to test it …

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Bernd,
we have uploaded v1.8.8.0404 but we still haven’t pushed it for automatic update because we will extend something more.

So, please download the new installer directly from the webpage and install it. Let us know, if the crash disappers now.

Thank you
Richard

Hi Richard,
well done, with v1.8.8.0404 the crash disappears now.

The only thing left is the ‘Close’ tool-tip which appears for a few seconds an then disappears, even it was not shown before.
Please find the screenshot below:

Thanks for your work,
Bernd

Thanks Bernd for the confirmation …
Schönen Ostermontag noch,
Richard

Thanks Richard,
ich wünsche Dir ebenfalls noch einen schönen Feiertag.

Bernd

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.