When I have more than 4 FMS plans in the folder they dont read

When I have more than 4 FMS plans in the FMS folder, when I load FPL in the planes, it does not find any of the other plans I have created. A new plan will show up as one the initial four already in the FMS folder.

Hi…,

Welcome.

In order for us to assist please advise which Operating System, which Flight Simulator, which aircraft.

Please provide screenshots showing the behaviour using Guide to posting Screenshots

Cheers
Ian

Ian, thank you thank you for getting back to me

I am using Windows 10
X-Plane 12
primary aircraft Airfoilabs Kingair 350
x-Plane 12 Cessna Citation X

So, this is the issue (first of all I used to have a lot more FMS plans) but, when I started using Navigraph and Simbrief I have limited them to 8 because of the problem I am having.

The list of plans I have in the FMS Plans are the eight below. So, when I have 4 or more plans in that folder, and I select for example KMCOKTPA.fms.fms.fms in the flight plan selection in the FMC it will load KDCKACY.fms instead. If I only have 4 fms plans in that folder, they will all select and show correctly. As soon as I add more fms plans, it somehow gets confused and adds another one in the list in lieu of the one I selected from the Active Flight Plan/Load FPL.

What do you think is causing this?

Benn

I tried to send you a picture of the directory, but, could not see how to do it

I figured it out - thanks

Ian, that did not fix the problem. when I try to load the KMCO-KTPA it will load the KDCA-KACY Flt Pln. I was careful the save the file with the correct airframe, etc. same problem as before.

Benn

Hi…,

There is a bug in the Navigraph Charts export Save function as per MSFS Export File Extension is Wrong

You need to edit the file name KMCOKTPA.fms.fms.fms to just save as KMCOKTPA.fms

We shall fix this.

Cheers
Ian

Thank you Ian. I will do that. Thank you for taking the time to assist.

Benn

Ian, that did not fix the problem. when I try to load the KMCO-KTPA it will load the KDCA-KACY Flt Pln. I was careful the save the file with the correct airframe, etc. same problem as before.

Benn

If you only have one FMS in the folder (KMCO KYPA)- it will load correctly. Just not when there are several plans.

Things just got worse. When I try to export my flights in NAVIGRAPH to X-Plane 11/12 it says “Failed to Export.” does that mean just use Simflight?

Also, not sure if it matters, but I am using X-Plane 12