X-plane 1153 wont't recognise my (.fms) files

When I create a flight plan for X-Plane, Navigraph creates a .fms file extension which X-plane does not recognise as it only recognises SIT, FDR and REP file extensions. Is this correct, or have I missed something here?

Hi…,

Welcome.

I just created a flight in Charts Desktop, saved it as an X-Plane .fms file and open it without problem in default 737-800. So the fms format is fine. Maybe try this yourself?

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian. I gave it a try, no luck. I reloaded X-Plane thinking there was a bug. No change. I better look at where the fms is saved. It’s saved in X-Plane - output - situations. That’s where the problem resides, should it be saved in another file?

Hi…,

Where you save it to, and read from shouldn’t be an issue, as long as they are the same :grinning:
I use …X-Plane 11\Output\FMS plans for consistency.

If you do exactly as I mentioned above for that aircraft for a new airport pair what happens?
You use CO ROUTE in the 737-800 RTE page

Cheers
Ian

Thank you, I’ve now worked it out. I was looking in the wrong file. :grin:

You missed the entire issue here. You are using Xplane 11. I am using Xplane 12 as I pointed out. In addition Xplane 12 when you attempt to load an .FMS file it returns an error message stating the wrong file type. It must be SIT, FDR, or REP