MSFS 2020 Flight Plan Export Problem since last update

Flight plans created in either the Desktop or IoS CHART apps for MSFS 2020 when exported for the MSFS 2020 format used to LOAD (in MSFS 2020) without issue. When exporting from Navigraph, a default .pln file name extender is also seen when the export file name is requested.

Now when the Navigraph EXPORT function is used and at the Filename request stage, no .pln is defaulted, only seeing a " . " default wildcard criteria. Even after adding a “.pln” manually, this flight plan couldn’t be LOADed in MSFS…all I see after selecting this exported file for LOAD in MSFS is the LOAD menu disappearing and the flight details in MSFS remaining as it was before, unpopulated. Whereas in the past, there would be a slight pause in the LOAD screen before the flight plans details were populated.

So unsure which update be it at Navigraph or MSFS end (I got the latest patch) that caused the change. Instead , I now have to tediously mirror the waypoints into MSFS. I also tried exporting in other formats e.g. Xplane etc…also seeing that the default file extenders for their respective formats do not appear…just the " . " per above.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

I am seeing something similar, in that when the NG flightplan is exported in MSFS .pln format, that it will only save as an . XML file. All this without the simulator even running at all.

I am new to Navigraph at around 24hrs now, but would love some assistance to get this resolved quickly.

I hate first posts on forums that complain, so please forgive me on this one :slight_smile:

Hi Team,

I am not seeing this. Please confirm you are running latest Version 7.3.8 Charts for Desktop on a Windows 10 machine.

Please Autocreate say WSSS-YSSY and Export in MSFS 2020 .pln format.

Are you getting pln extension automatically added? If not please add. Can you now import into MSFS. If not please upload plan, using upload button above.

Cheers
Ian

Hello Ian and thanks for your response. I will get straight onto this as soon as I can fire up the PC later today. I am really looking forward to using Navigraph.

Well today was a better story, but still had its quirks. I was able today to rename the extension to .pln which it wouldn’t let me do yesterday and it then loaded into the sim without too much pain.

Once in there though, it did seem to be an approximation of what was entered in NG but it is brilliant to plot your course down the plate into your destination. There are many weird things with MSFS, but even now, it seems plausible.

Thank you for your swift response. It is appreciated.