VATSIM/IVAO Network Integration

Greetings all,

Thank you for your hard work in creating this app. I absolutely cannot fly with out it.

Question - is it something coming or thought about to integrate VATSIM/IVAO traffic into the charts that way we can see other traffic on the network? That would be cool to see; for instance, I can see on the map where planes are on the ground, so I don’t spawn onto someone who’s already at the gate.

Thanks again for your time and hard work. Keep climbing team!

Regards,
Rez

5 Likes

Was wondering the same thing, following :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Thank you for the suggestion. It is on our roadmap for an upcoming Charts version.

Kind regards,

Stephen

5 Likes

Happy to hear this Stephen.

Regards,
Rez

1 Like

Thanks for a great app! I addition to Vatsim will this upcoming feature work with PilotEdge?

Having VATSIM traffic will vastly improve the value of my charts subscription. I currently have to use another moving map app (Little Nav Map) on a separate machine just to see where the other traffic are. I am a senior controller (C3) on VATSIM and I believe this feature will also make Navigraph a very useful tool during ATCiing.

Looking forward to having this feature in Navigraph Charts.

Just out of curiosity, any timeline for this feature to be available?

Thanks
Tanveer

2 Likes

Hi…,

We are early days in terms of potential functionality in new Charts. We shall advise when these are in the mix.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

I would happily pay more per month for Vatsim ADSB and Weather Integration. Please keep this alive! A cheaper alternative to ForeFlight.

1 Like

For me, as a virtual airline pilot on XP11 who uses Navigraph charts cloud/SimBrief as part of a DIY ‘EFB’ on a networked tablet, I would love to have VATSIM integrated not so much for seeing other traffic as for being able to integrate ATC sectors with my flight plan. I can see other traffic that matters on TCAS.

I use the downloadable OFP and briefing pack from SimBrief and the navlog tells me which real-world FIR/UIR I enter and at which waypoint. I would love this to be supplemented with data/frequencies of VATSIM sectors, and whether or not they are staffed with ATC. Ideally this would be available on the moving map (dynamic…showing active ATC) as well as the SimBrief navlog (optionally replacing the real-world FIRs with VATSIM sector handoff points, though obviously not able here to show active ATC). That way I would be able to put upcoming freqs on standby more easily. Currently I have to use one of the browser-based VATSIM maps in a separate tab, and none are fully accurate or reliable.

1 Like

Hi John,

Welcome.

Thank you for the valuable suggestions. We are currently developing a new major version of Charts, some of your suggestions are included and others will be considered maybe after the initial release.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hey Ian,

is there any update on that feature request?

Best regards
Thorben

1 Like

Also a question, if it would be possible to inject vatsim traffic live when you are connected to the vatsim network. For example Little Navmap made this possible. Especially for the new VFR charts this feature would be awesome.

1 Like

Just curious if Vatsim integration is still being planned? Thank you

@stephen & @Ian

Do you guys have an update for us on this?

Being able to have Vatsim data (if possible both online ATC/freq and pilots) available via the Navigraph charts would be truly awesome! Even more so now when more and more people are starting to fly in VR. Where things quickly get very complicated when it comes to having the information you need at hand in VR in an easy way without too many separate windows around you in the VR space.

I read how you mentioned in 2021 you had this on your roadmap for an upcoming Charts version. Is this still true or do you have some other news around this to share with us?

1 Like

Just beeing curious, if there is any new to this topic?
I think Vatsim Data in the Navigraph App is a feature of high interest for many of us!

Would very much like to know too.

I see how I asked the same thing back in January with no comments so far.

Hi guys,

This is on our roadmap and is currently scheduled for the second half of 2023. We have some other items to complete before that. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Stephen

3 Likes

That is truly great news, thanks for coming back to us Stephen :+1:

For those wanting Vatsim integration, please vote for it

4 Likes

Since there is now a wishlist topic for this feature, I will go ahead and close this topic. Feel free to add your vote over at the topic that @WebMaximus linked above!

Kind Regards,
Malte