Revert to version 7

how do I revert to desktop v7 please.
All my saved flights have vanished

3 Likes

I have noticed this to when I updated my iPad charts version. All my previous flights are gone. Have not migrated over to desktop version 8 yet. Do we have to recreate all of our flights in this new version or are they saved somewhere and accessible after the update. I have tons of valid flights that I have saved in the past and recreating them will be very time consuming.

2 Likes

Hi,

We are working on a migration from the old Flights storage (Charts 7) to the new one (in Charts 8). We hope to have an update on this soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

@stephen Charts 8 is very sluggish on my PC whereas Charts 7 worked perfectly. Is there any way to revert and keep the old Charts 7?

1 Like

That is good news to hear. Thanks. I may wait a bit to upgrade until this is available

Yes! I also want to revert back to ver 7. I was automatically upgraded to 8. I need to be able to PRINT charts not just look at them. Please allow me to revert to the very adequate version 7.

1 Like

How do I revert to version 7. I lost all of my charts and I donā€™t see a way to save to a .pln file in version 8.

1 Like

Version 7 is required even for users of older versions of Android. Not everyone has the latest Android phone. Canā€™t install on Android 12 version. Please upload version 7 to the Play Store.

1 Like

please the question is not answered, i would also like to know how to go back to version 7. It would be really nice to have a button for ā€œold versionsā€, so the user decides where he wants to be.

I found a new link on my desktop and clicking it correctly displayed vers 8 complete with a workable ā€œprintā€ icon. Problem solved!

please, back to version 7 download options.

I will also lend my voice to this.

As advanced as v.8 appears to be, to some of us, ā€˜less is moreā€™.

So please Navigraph, make the switch to v.8 an option, and let us have the ability to revert back to v.7.

Thank you.

Sorry guys, we will not have multiple version support. It just isnā€™t feasible to support old versions for many reasons. The new version should really not be a downgrade in any aspect.

It is not a matter of Android 12, we support that. It is a matter of your phone screen size, we are working on an update to support smaller screen sizes.

It is here:

It is here (Desktop app only):

We are almost done with the Flights migration from the old system, expect an update soon.

Could you please provide your system specs - which CPU and graphics card and operating system? Are you using the browser version or desktop? If browser, which browser? If Chrome, do you have this Setting enabled in Chrome settings?

Please help us make Charts 8 better suited to you, reverting is not an option.

Regards,

Stephen

Admittedly Iā€™m using Navigraph on an older PC than my main one but the CPU is almost 100% when using the Windows PC app. The old version worked perfectly. Appreciate any suggestions as itā€™s now so sluggish itā€™s become unusable.

AMD FX - 8120 3100 Mhz CPU
32 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6900 GPU

I know these specs are low but I only use this PC for less intensive applications. Itā€™s the same with the windows app and the Chrome browser ( hardware acceleration selected ). Should these specs be able to run the Navigraph app or is the new version much more resource hungry? Thanks ā€¦

I used to be able to use my I-phone to view charts etc. Will there be some way to use it again in the future, as it isnā€™t available with this new version. Thanks!

Jim B.

Yes, phone support is coming, just not in the initial release. Hold out a little while longer!

Regards,

Stephen

As advanced as v.8 appears to be, to some of us, ā€˜less is moreā€™.

So please Navigraph, make the switch to v.8 an option, and let us have the ability to revert back to v.7.

Thank you

1 Like

Please see my post above. Revert to version 7 - #13 by stephen

Regards,

Stephen

It is a bit hard to say, as we donā€™t have every CPU and graphics card to test on natively. But yes in general it is more demanding because of the vector graphics.

Regards,

Stephen

If you run it on your main PC, does it run better?

Regards,

Stephen

Itā€™s unfortunate news, the new version is good but it has more than I need, I liked the minimalism of its previous version, unfortunately I will leave my subscription to navigraph until they have the previous version available