North Pole ghost waypoints - Part 3

Hello,

Once again I’m having issues with importing flights plans and it having waypoints leading to the North Pole. I reported the same issue here last month, but I actually never was able to fix it.

Whenever I try to import a .pln, I end up with those ghost waypoints to the North Pole. Every time I have to use LNM to re-save it as a .pln and that somehow solves it.

I have installed every WU, and always make sure to update the AIRAC whenever there’s an update. As also stated in my previous thread, other people that also have Navigraph installed don’t have any issues whatsoever so I’m really at a loss here (removing Navigraph data does solve it, but that’s to be expected).

For testing, these flight plans do not load correctly:
2023-11-17 Iceland.PLN (3.9 KB)
2023-12-01 Papua New Guinea.PLN (3.1 KB)
2023-12-15 World Tour Stage 1 Kitty Hawk to Washington.PLN (3.4 KB)

Hi,
the issue is that the flightplans are incomplete. All miss an important tag/subnode and therefore it worked when you load and re-saved the fp via our app or via LNM.

Due the re-save the missing tags/sub-nodes will be added and than it works. So, please report this to the devs from the flighrplanner what you have used, or use our chart app for flightplanning.

Thats no navdata issue … as I have shown you also in your posting last month.

Thank you
Richard

Hey Richard,

Yes, I know you said that but then why are other people who are also using Navigraph not getting this issue?

Also, importing these flight plans does not work using the app, I get an error stating that the FP is invalid (which I guess is correct since it’s missing points).

I’m just confused why the default sim data and LNM are able to import it. Do they use certain navdata points that are not in Navigraph?

Thats more a question to MS/Asobo because this missing tag/sub node is un-documented but it is 100% nesessary and working only in this way. Sorry, I can’t give you an official/professional answer on this …

Without a deeper analyzes, I think that the format of custom waypoints are a little bit differ to our format what we expect for an import. We are very strict here and possible that LNM is not so strict and therefore the differences.

All in all, you shouldn’t use such bad flightplans - create own ones with apps where you know that these apps are fully compatible or use only flightplans from fully compatible flightplanner. A re-import and a re-export is always a risk, that you loose some information or that you don"t get the expected result back.

Cheers
Richard

Well, they’re made by one of the Community Managers for the Fly-in Fridays (he doesn’t use Navigraph and uses the World Map to make it easier for the Xbox people to create the flight plan). I’m one of their regular co-hosts so I have to use those flight plans.

Guess for the time being I’ll use LNM then to convert. Thanks for the additional info though.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.