No charts on webbrowser

Hello

I’m using charts.navigraph.com to look for my charts on my iPad, however there aren’t any being displayed. When I select my airport, the box where all my charts should be displayed is empty.

1 Like

Hi,

Not able to reproduce this in Safari on iOS:

Please restart your device and try again.

Also, there is a native iPad app which you can download from the App Store.

Regards,

Stephen

Restarting my device didn’t help, perhaps the website doesn’t work with an iPad?
And I can’t download the app because I’m not on iOS 10…

I guess the issue is you older device/Safari version.

Can you try another browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Regards,

Stephen

Can’t download Chrome nor Firefox, since I’m not on a new iOS.

I tried other web browsers like Snowbunny and Dolphin, but I have the same issue as with Safari.

Did it work recently on this device or never?

First time I’ve ever tried it…

Then I’m afraid this device is simply too old. Our apps need a modern web browser to run.

I am having this same problem, It is very annoying.

Also note, on IOS all browsers are required to use the same web-kit rendering engine, so Chrome and Firefox are just “wrappers” for Safari, but the way a page is rendered would be the same.

Is it possible to have just an airport chart search?
I would prefer this on Navigraph in general. I really dislike the map interface and after paying for a subscription I was very disappointed that I could not just search for an airport and get a list of the charts.-

There is a search box in the top left corner.

What is the problem exactly? A screenshot would be helpful.

Stephen

The problem is the charts don’t list the airport on an older iPad (as stated GoodmorningFellas).

The search works, but without creating a flight there is no option to just pin a few charts.
A reduced/simple interface would be nice, with no map, just let me star some airports, and pin some maps.

I’m sorry but we simply don’t support these old devices. The new Charts app in development will not support older devices either. We can’t build a separate app for a handful users on very old hardware, it wouldn’t make business sense. Sorry.

You can contact account@navigraph.com to ask for a refund.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi, I understand the issue within a business sense.

I enjoy the subscription because of the updated Nav data in the sim, I am just not a fan of UI (even in Windows App, and modern browser).

Do you know if there might be plans to have an updated UI in the future?
Something like ChartFox?

Could you be more precise? ChartFox is pretty much an exact copy of our UI, with the 5 chart tabs, color coding, and all.

Stephen

Good morning/afternoon, again.

Chart Fox is a very close copy, but I think I found more specific reasons this does not run on an old iPad, and it has nothing to do with the UI, or map, etc…

My first thought was that I could build my own UI.
I read the API documentation and notices that chart access is not available for web apps.
This makes a lot of sense, and the reasons are very clearly stated.

It mentions you have ways to detect if your web charts are not in an EFB.
I suspect this is the check that is not working on the old iPad/Browser, so that charts are blocked.
This is another reason my own UI would not work because I would still have that limitation.

I looked into Jail Brake, but that doesn’t seem to sort out the browser problem, it seems people who jail brake are still stuck with an outdated browser.

Next, I found a FireFox that runs in Docker.
the iPad can connect to this using VNC, and doing a test the charts did load :slightly_smiling_face:
So I might have success.

I would not want Docker running at the same time as MSFS, but I have an old Pi somewhere, and maybe this will work in there.