New update every day recently?

Using Charts app on Windows desktop, I swear for past 4-5 days I’ve had a new update prompt daily? Is this normal? Current version installed is 7.6.1

Hi…,

Welcome.

That isn’t normal.

I suggest a fresh install.

Disable Antivirus and firewalls in case that is an issue.

Please use only Windows Programs and Features exactly as follows to uninstall Charts and Simlink:

• If they exist delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  • Download and install latest Charts .
  • Download and install latest Simlink .

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Unfortunately that didn’t work, same issue. Any other suggestions?

Hi

I’m still affected by this issue and its kinda annoying. I’ve followed the instructions above to do a complete reinstall. So to recap everytime I setup a flight it always says a new version is available, the software updates itself and everything works but this happens every single time I launch Charts on my desktop PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi…,

Any chance you are using Firefox as browser? If so please see FAQ - Firefox may start an app when Simlink Starts. If incorrectly set, Firefox might be starting Charts install each time Simlink starts.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks for the reply. I don’t use Firefox, I use Gener8. However the charts application isn’t web based, its charts desktop I use which is a standalone app so would this make a difference?

A browser is used for login. As a test, please try setting Chrome as your default browser.

Cheers
Ian

I actually have the same issue already for weeks…Chrome is my default browser. Will try to do a clean install. I do have the app downloaded on a seperate HDD and not on the C-drive.