Navigraph-maintenance folder in community, required?

Is the ‘navigraph-maintenamce’ folder actually required? Seems to be something new in the 2013 build.

Hi …
yes, correct this package is new and yes, this package is required … possible that we can remove this package in the future, but this depends on the progress of the sim (ASOBO/MS).

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Is it possible to choose the folder where I want to install the Navigraph folders? I’m using the Addons Linker addon and have all my mods outside the community folder (with links to it) and would like to do the same with Navigraph.

Hi …
good question, I don´t know enough about this tool and how it works. The current client app installs both package into the “community-folder” and you can´t set any other folder. This is the recommended way from ASOBO/MS because the sim looks into this folder to add the packages into the content.xml file.

What the “Addons Linker” does exactly, I don´t know sorry …

Cheers,
Richard

The Addons Linker allows us to organize the addons in folders and then creates links to the community folder, so it is easy to disable the addons we don’t want for a certain flight. What we needed was an option in the Navigraph installer to install on a custom folder instead of forcing to install in the community folder. Hope you can provide this.
You can check Addons Linker features here: https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

1 Like

Hi ASantos,

While I can see how this can be a convenient solution for some users I don’t see us doing this in the near future for the following reasons:

1. We already support removing our package through one click in the app for easy disabling/enabling if needed.

2. The proposed solution is a hack that is not officially supported by Asobo/Microsoft and is therefore open to instability between version changes of the simulator that is outside of our control. This solution is also dependent on a 3rd party software which can have bugs in itself and it’s own support issues that easy would carry over to us. The simulator is changing for every patch and we always need to be in full control over the data installation to be able to react quickly to changes, this is not possible if having a 3rd party handling the installation of data.

3. Installing at custom location also opens up for a lot of user errors such as file permissions etc. that can make the installation fail in various ways that are difficult to debug. It is very likely that the above would result in us having to handle a big amount of support issues and partly also handle support for the above add-on which would take resources from actually developing our own product.

Kind regards,

Markus

Ok, thanks for your reply.

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.