Navigraph freezes simulator latest patch update FS2020?

Having an issue with the latest MSFS update 7. Using TBM30 and loading simbrief flightplan into the world causes a crash to desktop. If I redo the flightplan and load an updated version of the FP in seems to work. But the Navigrath seems to freeze the simulator after a period of time. Either on the ground or in the air flying. It appears to randomly freeze the sim at any point during the simulation.

This has occurred after the latest update 7. I got a report from Mark at SimHanger Flight Simulation that this is ā€˜Known issue with Navigraph following the update. Waiting for patch/update. Donā€™t use it as it crashes the simā€™.

Any update available? Thank you

Hiā€¦,

Welcome.

Please upload the flight plan which is causing the freeze on your system.

Cheers
Ian

Thank you Ian ā€¦ Will do. Be later today.

Sorry Ian, Will try again with flight planā€¦

I did some testing last night with different aircraft, that didnā€™t make any difference. The computer screen still locked up at random times, during game play. The sound was still continuing. But could not get out of the program untill I kicked it off with ā€˜end process task Barā€™.

I uninstalled all the Navigrath files and it seems that simlink may have been causing the problem, or perhaps a related program.

Once I un-installed all the Navigrath files incuding the simlink files. The MSFS worked without any freezing. I will still send you the flightplans files as soon as possible. Hope this helps.

Hi Rob,

I suggest a fresh start using exact procedure below :

Please:

• Disable any Antivirus and firewall. Uninstall AV if needed.
  • Use Task Manager to End Task any running Navigraph Simlink tasks.
  • Use only Windows Programs and Features to uninstall Simlink and Charts:

• If they exist, delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  • Download and install latest Charts .
  • Download and install latest Simlink .

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Thanks Ian,

Thatā€™s really helpful. I will let you know how it works.

Regards Robā€¦

Hi Ian,

I was having the same problem as Rob. Just followed your process step by step so thank you for that. Will be testing it out soon.

EDIT- I had posted a question here but I figured out what was going onā€¦ just some confusion on my part.

Thank you!

Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Welcome.

The navigraph-navdata folder should have data in it.

If not, in latest Navigraph Navdata Center, press Remove then Install for Navigraph AIRAC Cycle.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Thank you for the super fast reply! Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Ian and Michael.

I looked for the links mentioned above but did not find any. So I must have deleted them last night after I had a successful fly araound.

But just now I attempeted a fly and the think frooze up almost straight away. I noticed that I still have the Navigrath on the cockpit tool bar. I also looked at the community folder for navigath folders and found two files. They both had stuff in them and removed them.

I find that when i swing to look out the side windows using the top hat on the logitech flight yoke. It is that swinging around that seems so set off the freeze of the program. So I am not sure why it all worked yesterday for about an hour and now it has the issues back.

I will try another fly and see what gives.

Iā€™m grounded!!! crashed againā€¦

Please, can you forward us this report here or per PM, including an email address from this Mr. Mark.

I ask because its not clear for me, what you understand with ā€œthe Navigraphā€ in your first posting. Is it the data, is it the in-game panel, is it SimLink ā€¦

Further you wrote now you have deleted some navigraph folders in the community folder. Which one? And why donā€™t you use the Navigraph Navdata Cente to remove things? To remove something manually, can cause strange things in the sim, therefore we have the own Navigraph Navdata Center (or short NNC) application, the install/remove packages correctly.

• So, which folder do you have removed?
  • Are there any other folder in your community folder?
  • Have you re-create the content.xml according the FAQ (Scenery re-org)?
  • Which version of NNC do you use?
  • Do you use AddonLinker or similar else?

And please forward us the answer from Mark of SimHangar. Thank you!

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard

Thankyou for your reply. In regards to the Mark from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpz4cDk4JanMkUz6yb2M2jQ

Please find information above. This is Youtube video that Mark goes under.
Simhangar Flight Simulation. Check the comments section.

As far as my understanding of Navigrath. You are correct. I donā€™t understand. Hence my wandering through the net for answers about things I canā€™t get my head around. Navigrath is a good tool. But itā€™s not always easy to understand the process. Some of the processes are not self explanatory and it is hard to find meaning of what is been said from an out of date youtube video.

In regards to the community folder. Files I removed was navgrath ingamepanels-charts & navigraph navdata. I have deleted the other simlink and navigraph programs earlier to see if this fixed my issue of the sim freezing randomly. I am trying to understand and sift through a complex beast that changes constantly. Confusion comes from many different sources. So how does one find a solution to problem if someone says ā€¦ do this.

• Are there any other folder in your community folder?
    I donā€™t understand your question. These are the only files removed. Everything else in the community folder is untouched.

• Have you re-create the content.xml according the FAQ (Scenery re-org)?

• Which version of NNC do you use?
    Please dumb it down.

• Do you use AddonLinker or similar else? NO

I hope this helps both me and youā€¦ I just want to get my sim up and running. Can you help?

Could someone from Navigrath, please help me to understand the correct install sequence and process for Navigrath software onto MSFS 2020 PC. This is a request for support.

I am confused how the software workflow intergrates into MSFS 2020. I donā€™t mean from the technical side but from a user level. The charts are fine, because you can see them operating from the visual side. But intergrating the flightplan into MSFS. Is a curious beast. For example I donā€™t understand the data installers. Navdata Center for Windows, FMS Data Manager for Windows or Navdata Manual Installation. Am I suppose to use one or all three? Understaning this process for example would be very helpful from a layman perspective.

You have so much to offer, but it can be quite confusing & difficult to work out what it all means. Especially to things that relate to data information. Which may be helpful to an engineer. But to an end userā€¦ Too much oneā€™s and zeros.

Understanding how processes work need to be simplied for those that arnā€™t at that level and struggle to understand and learn itā€¦and I am one of those that finds it difficult.

So please help me understand how to use your programs and software so I can enjoy being the end user. Thank you

Hi Rob,

1. Navigraph Navdata Center is used to update the navdata in MSFS and MSFS supported addons (currently Aerosoft CRJ 550/700). It also provides install for the Navigraph Charts In-Game Panel.
  2. FMS Data Manager is used to update navdata for the addons of FS9, FSX, P3D, X-Plane 11.
  3. Navdata manual installers provide manual update of navdata for the addons of FS9, FSX, P3D, X-Plane 11. So this provides the same data as 2. but without the automation and convenience of the FMS Data Manager. It is generally used where there may be a path difficulty and after instructions from Navigraph.

So for MSFS, you use 1.

In Navigraph Charts you can a create or load a flight plan then export in MSFS format suitable to load into MSFS.

If you have further questions please ask.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian,

Navigraph Navdata Center is used to update the navdata in MSFS

So how does the flight that I have created from Simbrief successfully get into the MSFS.
I was using the Load/save section in MSFS. But I was having trouble with the flight plans loading. Some times it worked other times it CTD. I donā€™t use charts inside the aircraft because I wasnā€™t sure how to use it. I wasnā€™t sure if the flight plans.pln generated by simbrief had an issue. Can I change the flightplan name without issue, once generated.?

Can you please give more information. Also is simlink part of it and how does that fit into the picture?
Thanks Ian

Hi Rob,

In Simbrief Dispatch you create a flight plan, then generate flight. This creates an Operational Flight Plan (OFP), more about this later. Further down that page you Download in FS2020 format. I suggest you download to your MSFS flight plan directory likely :
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
You can then Load that plan into MSFS World Map using Spacebar.
In some aircraft such as the FBW A320, you can enter the Simbrief plan directly into the MCDU.

In Navigraph Charts +New flight, when you specify ā€œFrom Simbriefā€ you will find the OFP created above. You import this and can then use Navigraph Charts to view and maybe further edit the plan. You can export this plan in MSFS (.pln) format to MSFS.

Simlink is used to provide moving map (ability to see where you located) on a Navigraph Chart. Try it and see how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian.

Iā€™m not at the sim at the monet, so will check in later.
I am a liitle confused.

Further down that page you Download in FS2020 format.
I suggest you download to your MSFS flight plan directory likely :
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
You can then Load that plan into MSFS World Map using Spacebar.

So Iā€™ll have to follow your path when I have the computer on.
Thank you for your help.

No Ianā€¦ CTD after loading into world map

Please upload flight plan to here using upload icon.

Ian