Navigraph Charts In Game Panel

Navigraph recently updated on my PC & now i have an option to install Navigraph Charts in game panel. What is this?

Hi Paul,

The In-game panel allows you to access Navigraph Charts app from within MSFS. This is particularly useful for VR.

Please see Please make Navigraph Charts VR Compatible - #7 by stephen

Cheers
Ian

It certainly is very useful Ian.

However, might there be a better way of establishing subscriber status and allowing the connection to the charts, as the current method is a little bit fiddly in VR.

For example:-

1. I cannot gain access via the 2d window, which is a lot easier, and then switch to VR, as that then requires another login/validation
  2. I cannot scan the QR code and I cannot click on the URL when in VR, so need to take my headset off, go to the codes page and remember the code that was displayed on the pop-up
  3. This process then has to be repeated if i end a flight and choose to enter another flight, even within the same MSFS session.

I understand that you have to make this secure access, but it’d be really useful if the process could be made more user friendly and at least persist for the duration of the MSFS session. I also understand that this is in the very early stages of development, but thought it worth mentioning.

I’ve only tried this a couple of times, so far, and I’m half hoping that I’ve stupidly missed something and that you will come back and point that out to me. :wink:

Cheers

Paul

3 Likes

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your report.

The in-game panel is a work in progress and your suggestions will be considered going forward.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hi,

Do you use some other such in-game panel that also requires a login, but where the login is better persisted over time? If so, which?

Regards,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

In the XP11 Flight Factor A320U, athough it is a while since i flew it, their EFB requires a navigraph login, to allow access to charts, and i don’t recall it being as onerous a process.

I’ll load it up again, to try and get a better idea of how it does it, and will report back with much detail as i can. I’m fairly sure they have a virtual keyboard, but can’t remember how they handled remaining logged in between sessions/flights.

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

I meant in MSFS. How XP works in this regard is quite different. Do you use other panels in MSFS that are able to persist authentication over flight and sim sessions?

Cheers,

Stephen

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding Stephen

For MSFS, I have used the Working Title CJ4 and it’s inbuilt access to Navigraph charts. As I understand that Navigraph had worked closely with WT, you will probably be able to find out how that one works. I’ve not flown it for a while, there are just too many aircraft to fly in MSFS, but again, I don’t recall it being noticeably awkward.

Thanks

Paul

Hello again Stephen,

I’ve been routing around for the CJ4 manual and found it at Working Title CJ4 User Guide v0.12.5 - Google Docs

At the bottom of page 5.1 and the whole of page 5.2, the manual describes how the link is made between the CJ4 and an active Navigraph subscription. It brings back memories of me needing to take my headset off and enter the validation details into a browser session, but as that was only necessary once, it wasn’t a major issue.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi Stephen,

Just to confirm that the CJ4 does appear to retain its linkage with Navigraph between both flights and MSFS sessions.

Also, the validation process itself is a lot more friendly, with a pre-populated web page being displayed and just an OK button needing to be pressed.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

The CJ4 is an aircraft addon and has other technical possibilities than an in-sim panel. We cannot open a new browserwindow in that context so links does not work. Keeping state of the subscriptions seems also be a problem that is specific for the panel. We will investigate further if there are possible improvements within the limitations at hand.

Kind regards,

Markus

Fair enough Markus

Thanks

Paul

Hi,

I am using the Cloud Charts in VR with the great app of Rafael Sanches. The problem I have is that I always have to login to cloud service when I startup the program. Now while in Vr that is a problem, is there a way that the program (Navigraph cloud charts) remembers my details so the Navigraph program works after shut down and restart?

(when I log into the program in 2D, keep the charts open and switch over to VR, the app closes down and I have to open the program again and register again).

Regards,
Ben

You have to login in 2D and then go to VR. It’s necessary one time for flight or session.

In-game panels:
https://FlightSimulator.me

Hi , im having problems with getting in the In Game Panel which to be honest Ive just found at about via YouTube . Apologies in advance Im still not as experienced as many people on here with Simming . I have the Beta installer , however when I go to install the data it doesn’t give me the option to install the In Game Panel. I did a fresh install of the beta installer to ensure I had the correct version, 2.3?

I have uninstalled the charts app and reinstalled it, still no In Game Charts appearing. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Regards

Oké thanks, i will try that

The latest version is beta.24. Download it from Navigraph Navdata Beta if it doesn’t prompt you automatically.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,

This is a game changer and it works quite well. Thanks to you and your team!

-Joe

should we uninstall beta23 before installing beta24, or can we just update thanks.

Hi…,

I generally Remove all Packages in Navigraph Navdata Center, then uninstall it.

Then download and install latest from Navigraph Navdata Beta

It only takes a few minutes and you can be sure you have latest clean install.

Cheers
Ian