Navigraph charts - How to find the initial approach map?

Navigraph charts - How to find the initial approach map?

Hello,
In first happy new year 2024
Recently registered, I fly with MSFS and I’m trying to be “study level”.
I have just taken out a subscription to Navigraph and I want to use the charts and Navigraph offers them all to me.
Flight plan imported from Simbrief: OK
SID Chart: OK
STAR chart: OK
Approach chart: OK

Except the initial approach chart. When you know her there are no problems but what to do when you don’t know her.
Example in the flight: LFPO/24 LATR1Q LATRA DCT LAMUT DCT UTUVA DCT LERGA LERG1D LFML/ L31RZ, between the STAR and the approach, there is an initial approach. The Navigraph flight plot shows me this initial approach but doesn’t tell me how to find it.

I think I’m not doing things correctly, if you could help me I would be delighted. thanks in advance.

Best regards

Hello! Welcome to our forum, happy new year!

I am not sure I understand what you mean. The route you have provided has no approach selected. To pick one, just press “select” here:

This will bring up this list of procedures, from which you can pick whatever suits you best:

At that point, you should have a complete route and the associated chart should be automatically pinned to your pinboard:

I hope that helps! Let me know if I misunderstood you or if anything else is missing!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you very much for your feedback, you are right, I was not clear enough but your response with the card will allow me to rephrase more precisely.
Your card offers this:

But the part between the DOLIV and POMEG waypoints is missing

And, it is the most important because it prescribes altitude and speed constraints to each waypoint. Here is the map of the the initial approach (RNAV INITIAL APCH rwy 31l/R) I am talking about:

And here is the Navigraph route with the 3 maps essential to this approach:

And my initial question was: “How to find and select the initial approach map?”, here leg 2 => 1-OD RNAV INITIAL APCH rwy 31l/R but doesn’t tell me how to find it?”
Thanks in advance.
NB: I have the same problem for the EGLL approach by the STAR / ALESO ALES1H EGLL/R27L/R via BING.

Here is another example to explain my question “How to find the initial approach map?”

In the Navigraph video it is the EGLL 27/L/R - STAR ALES0 1H approach.
Video : Navi_APCH EGLL.mp4 - Google Drive
At 00:38, Navigraph shows the inverted “S” of BIG and when we select it we only have the final approach.

Hence my question “How to find and select the initial approach map?”

Hello! Sorry for the late response.

There currently is no way to do this automatically. The information we have is the same as you have: the chart in the last screenshot that you sent contains this message:

FOR FINAL APPROACH SEE APPROACH CHARTS

This means that you will manually have to find the initial approach chart - just like real pilots! There is nothing we can do to automate this procedure, unfortunately.

In some cases, the hint can be slightly more helpful. Here is an example that directly references the correct chart:

I hope this helps explain the situation at least, even if we can’t provide a convenient solution for it.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Thank you very much for this valuable information that I did not know

You are most welcome! I am happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.