Navigraph Charts don't install

I tried to install Navigraph Charts on Windows 10. I wanted to install it on another path from the one, that was offered by the installation programme. It did accept a proposed path and The installation programme then installed the Navigraph Simlink and Navigraph FMS data manager, but didn’t finish the installation of the Navigraph Charts, it reported missing link to navigraph charts exe file. I deleted the part of the programme that was installed (uninstall option didn’t work, also not following the instructions on the support forum webpage) and tried to reinstall it to the path, recommended in the forum. I have done all this with admin rights on the computer. The installation starts, asks for the path, then continues and abrupts at about one third of the process with the message “installation unsuccessful”.

Can somebody help with installation?

Hi…,

Welcome and Compliments of the Season.

FMS Data Manager and Charts are entirely separate apps and neither depends on the other.

Try restarting Windows, disabling Antivirus then steps as above:

1. Use Windows to uninstall Simlink and Charts. Specifically see FAQ - Charts desktop installer fails immediately
  2. If they exist delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink and c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink and
    c:\Users\usernamei\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts and c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  3. Download and install latest Simlink and Charts .
  4. If still an issue, as a test please run Chrome as your default browser
  5. If still an issue,please upload latest dlog and log from c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink\logs

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian!

Thanks for a reply.

1. Windows couldn’t uninstall Navigraph Charts, because there is no file Uninstall Navigraph Charts.exe
  2. done
  3. Simlink installs (with Antivurus on or off), but not the Charts. Charts gives as default path a path at partition that is not C:, but the path I entered the first time I tried to install (in my case on F:)

1. Chrome is my default browser and it works.
  2. In the Simlink, there is no logs subfolder:

Any further suggestions how to install Charts are welcome.

Cheers,
Mathis

V V sre., 30. dec. 2020 ob 22:06 je oseba Ian via Navigraph <navigraph1@discoursemail.com> napisala:

Happy New Year!

Trying different options I realised that while Navigraph Charts application doesn’t want to start as a stand-alone app, it works within the X-Plane. So thanks!

Mathis

V V sre., 30. dec. 2020 ob 23:24 je oseba Mathis Bibic <mathis.bibic@gmail.com> napisala:

I have exactly the same problem but cannot solve it as described by the other user Mathis. Please help!
Alexander

EDIT: As Mathis describes Simlink installs but CHarts does not as standalone App. Followed all recommended steps. No success. I am using charts now on the browser and on a tablet (iOS) but this really frustrating as I just moved from Mac (where it worked flawless) to Windows.

I don’t exactly know what helped, but I guess it is important to set Chrome as default browser, and follow these instructions:

1. If they exist delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink and c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink and
    c:\Users\usernamei\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts and c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts
  2. Download and install latest Simlink and Charts.

Then even if Windows report unsuccessful installations and don’t list Navigraph among apps installed on my computer, it works in the X-plane simulator.

Mathis

V V sre., 6. jan. 2021 ob 21:21 je oseba Mathis Bibic <mathis.bibic@gmail.com> napisala:

Hi Mathis, thanks for suggesting this. But unfortunately it doesnt help. Windows still shows the installed Charts program which I cannot uninstall as it is missing from the fold the uninstall program is looking for. Reinstalling also doesnt work. Latest simlink works without problems.

It is really frustrating. I am now using charts on my ipad as a separate screen. But that is also not a permanent solution.

Thanks anyway,
Alexander