Unable to run and subsequently reinstall Navigraph Charts after I was prompted that a new update was available if I restarted Navigraph

I was in MSFS 2020 (Steam version) and fired up the desktop version of Navigraph Charts. A popup message appeared that there was a newer version that would be available to me when I restarted Navigraph - which I did. Unfortunately Navigraph Charts no longer worked! Once out of MSFS, I downloaded Navigraph+Charts.exe from the Navigraph website and ran it, but it failed indicating that it couldn’t find the uninstaller. I then ran Add and Remove Programs and tried to uninstall Navigraph Charts but that failed. I then - successfully - removed all the other Navigraph related apps, rebooted and ran Navigraph+Charts.exe again, but received an Installation Aborted message.

I have included screenshots of the Add and Remove Programs message window; the Navigraph Charts Setup window; and, the log file from the failed install attempt.

Hopefully this information will help in solving my problem.

Thanks

Art

Hi…,

Welcome back

I suggest a fresh start using exact procedure below , please :

• Disable any Antivirus and firewall. Uninstall AV if needed.

• Use only Windows Programs and Features to uninstall Simlink and Charts:

• If they exist delete folders:
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink
    c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Charts c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Navigraph Charts

• Download and run free CCleaner to clean up your registry.

• Download and install latest Charts to the default locations.

• Download and install latest Simlink to the default locations.

If still an issue, please post latest c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink\logs\simlink_xxxx.dlog

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

I ran through all the steps described in your response to my issue, but still no luck with successfully installing Charts. Same issue(s) as before.

I cleaned up everything again after which I got brave and ‘interrogated’ the Navigraph+Charts.exe file with 7-ZIP and found and extracted the Uninstall Navigraph Charts.exe file. I ran that .exe, which appeared to run fine – at least there were not complaints or pop-up windows. After that I re-ran the Navigraph+Charts.exe file and everything worked, so I am back in business.

I’m not sure why running the Uninstall Navigraph Charts.exe cleared the logjam, but it did!?

Many thanks for getting back to me and for your excellent product.

Regards

Art