Navigation data halts XP 12

why do I get this error which halts XP 12, but XP 11 is fine.

Hi…,

This is typically caused by installing the Navigation Data into the wrong folder.

I suggest you run the X-Plane 12 Installer to Update. This will reestablish your X-Plane 12 data.

I suggest you then use the latest FMS Data Manager to update your Navigation Data. Make sure you have the correct X-Plane 12 path in FMS Data Manager Settings page.

Cheers
Ian

Steam says I am up to date with XP12, and my FMS data manager is 1.8.13.0719

So is the issue resolved?

Ian

No, it is still present

Did you do as I suggested?

Ian

I didn’t have to do anything to achieve your request, it was already up to date, and and the FMS manager is the latest.

This setting was OK last month.

Thanks

Dudley

Hi Dudley,
the message you get is very clear - you have installed XP11 data into XP12. Both datasets are different and you can read this very clear on the XP-message.

So, it is impossible that all was good before but not now without any chance from your side, sorry.

A few questions:

1. Why do you have add the XP12 mapping manually and not via the “Scan” button?
    Like:

2. Can you post a screenshot of your settings page too, where we can check the XP-paths tool, like:

First test:

1. close XP12
  2. open the FMS Data Manager
  3. goto the `Addon Mappings" page
  4. select the XP12 line (check the checkbox) and press the Remove button
  5. press the Save but and what approx. 30 second, till the green lines are gone
  6. after that press the Scan button and look, if the XP12 lines comes back with the blue Automatic info button
  7. go back to the Addon List and re-install the cycle for XP12

Please post the screenshots of both requests above plus try the “first test” please.

Cheers,
Richard

FMS manager doesn’t find XP12 automatically.I shall do the test shortly

… and that´s what we must check, because that´s not a normal state … thank you!

Cheers,
Richard

It doesn’t find Flight Factor aircraft I have installed there either.

Best

Dudley

Step by Step Dudley, let us fix the XP12 navdata first and than we can look deeper in all other addons …
Thank you,
Richard

I am not sure what to do. I removed the XP12 entry and ran the scan again nothing was found.

Best Dudley

Please Dudley, post the two requested screenshots from here

Plus, post a screenshot of your XP-12 folder, where we see the exact path, like mine:

Thank you,
Richard

Here we go.

… and the two requested also please!

Thank you,
Richard

Forgive me :

Thanks Dudley, and you can confirm that you don´t have a second X-Plane 12 copy somewhere, right?

When you compare the X-Plane 11 folder with the X-Plane 12 folder you see, that there are a lot of additional files, which are not correct.

Close the sim!

Please delete following file/folder from the X-Plane 12 directory:

• 1200 atc data complete folder
  • CIFP complete folder
  • Custom Data folder
  • 17271467...index file
  • cycle.json file
  • cycle_info.txt file
  • all earth_*.dat files

When all is “clean”, run the XP12 installer again to update all files (the Custom Data folder will be restored with the default dataset).

When this is done, close the installer and start the X-Plane.exe file DIRECTLY!!! from E:\StreamLibrary2\steamapps\Common\X-Plane 12. It´s VERY important, that you do exactly this step.

When X-Plane 12 is loaded, without any error messages, close it again.

Open the FMS Data Manager → goto Addon Mappings and press the scan button.

Report back what happened than please.

Thank you,
Richard

PS: please, please, please do all these steps in exactly this order - this is really important to get a clean installation - currently you don´t have it

I can’t run the installer . Steam says I am up to date. I don’t have another XP12, however I do have a copy of XP10 on another drive. I have started the xplane.exe directly and still got the error.

Which error? Can you post the message? I assume, you had also overwritten the default data because when you really had follow the steps before, you may not get any error message after the first start of XP12 because than XP12 uses normally the default data and no custom data.

So, do following please:

Goto E:\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common\X-Plane 12\Resources and delete the folder default data.

After that try to re-run the X-Plane 12 Installer.exe → press the Update X-Plane button and wait till it´s finished. The system should update/install files.

Double click on the x-plane.exe and look, if it works now …

When X-Plane 12 is loaded, without any error messages, close it again.

Open the FMS Data Manager → goto Addon Mappings and press the scan button.

Cheers
Richard