MSFS stutters when using charts 8

Hi all,

just realised that when I fly and use the cloud version of Charts ver. 8, the sim stutters a lot both with vid and audio. Even worse when activating flight following feature. It’s unusable now.

The in-game panel, which uses the previous ver. 7 doesn’t create similar issues

Hi Giacomo.

To help you we would need some more information on your platform, such as:

Which flight simulator are you using?
What’s your computer specs? Operating system?
Which browser are you using?
Does the suttering appear all the time, or when you do something particular? Like changing windows, or manipulating the charts?

This will help us help you.

Cheers,

Magnus

Ps. Please refrain from cross posting. Thanks. :wink:

1 Like

Dear Magnus,

Which flight simulator are you using?

The sim is MSFS

What’s your computer specs? Operating system?

I am using Win10. Intel i7 - 7700K.

GPU is Nvidia Gtx1080Ti

32gb RAM

Never had issues with previous versions of charts and sim runs smoothly at 40fps on average.

Which browser are you using?

Browser is EDGE

Does the suttering appear all the time, or when you do something particular? Like changing windows, or manipulating the charts?

The video and audio stuttering appears when moving or panning the map, both VFR and IFR + when flight following (north up and track up); all good when changing app windows or browser tabs.

Also moving the map both mercatore and globe view isn’t smooth.

I hope this helps and sorry for cross posting.

Regards,

Giacomo

Thank you!

Another thing, could you please tell me which version of Simlink you are running? You can do that by right clicking the tray icon and select “Status”. The version number is found in the lower right corner. You should have a fairly recent version of simlink running hopefully, something like 1.1.27 or so. If not, please go and get a newer version here.

While you are in Simlink settings, you might notice that there is a logging possibility under Settings → “Enable Simlink log”? If you like, please also run a session with this logging turned on. You’ll find the log output in C:\Users[your windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink\logs Upload the log here too, please. The seventh icon from the left in the forum editor is the file upload function.

Thank you!

Magnus

Hello Magnus, thanks for your time.
I found what caused the issue; strangely, the browser was not using the “hardware acceleration feature”. I turned it on and the issue was solved. Anyway, my Simlink ver is 1.127.0906 - also after updating MSFS to SU11 all works smoothly. Thanks.
Giacomo

P.S. I upload my simlink log anyway
simlink_2022-11-12.dlog (5.1 MB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.