Installation of AIRAC 2201 for Aerosoft Professional A320/A321 for P3Dv4 hangs at around 50%

I have tried to install the file in connection with the above aircraft this morning and find that the process hangs at around 50% during the installation. Whilst trying to cancel the installation at this point, the process “locks up” for want of a better expression. Then I find that using Ctl Alt Delete to bring up the task manager to cancel it “locks up” and I have to shutdown the PC. I seem to recall that this has happened in the past with this aircraft file which has forced me not to bother updating this product. This is extemely frustrating and rather disappointing. Any thoughts? Thank you!

How do you update this addon? Via the FMS Data Manager or via the manual setup downloaded from the website?

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
I have always updated this and my other addons via the manual setup downloads from the website.
Breaking news! - I have just successfully updated the AIRACS for all my remaining products except for PMDG All Products and the installation locked up at the KFVE.txt file. This has never happened before.
I look foward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,
it could be (but that´s only a assumption), that some Virus or Firewall software blocks the files. I would try to turn off all of this for testing and also, close all Microsoft products like World, Excel, Outlook, … I mean really closing. Sometimes these applications block the copy process also …

I don´t have any “100% working” solution, what I only know is, that the setups are digital-signed (to verify that the file comes really from us, without any changes), virus safe and working …

Last, also disable the backup-button in the setup, so that the setup don´t backup the files first … possible that could also help. Ah, and check if all sim processes, addons, … are also closed before you run the setup … worst case, start the setup after a fresh reboot, without starting any other application before - worth to try :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,
Many thanks for your prompt attention and suggestions regarding how to remedy which I will try.
Just as an aside, do you think that it is better to use the automatic rather than the manual method of installing AIRAC files?
Many thanks
Tony

Hi Tony,

FMS Data Manager is intended to make monthly updates an automatic one-click experience. It is especially useful for multiple addons and multiple flightsims.

Manual Installs are provided for small numbers of downloads and where there may have been problems detecting addons in FMS Data Manager and generally requires more user involvement and expertise.

See also FAQ - Installing Navdata AIRAC Updates.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you very much for your reply detailing the two methods for installing AIRAC files.

I did manage to update the AIRAC files for the two aircraft that I was having issues with by using the FMS Data Manager. It completed the task without any issues whatsoever, so I will use this method in the future. It will be worthwhile using this facility, given that I have nine files to update every month.

Many thanks to Richard and yourself for your great support.

Cheers

Tony

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.