2103 - AIRAC Cycle auto update causes my PC to crash

Hello; I was trying to update my AIRAC to 2103 by selecting all of my add-ons (7) to have it done sequentially, like I always do. However, this time it kept crashing my PC (blue screen then rebooting) after the 2 or 3rd product. Tried it a few time but stopped after the 3rd. time since I was uncomfortable having my PC crash everytime. I then went in and did it manually one by one and that worked.

After that I started getting random freezes when running FSX so I decided to revert back to 2102 and some add-ons says 2102 rev 1 and some say rev 2, not sure what the difference is between the rev 1 & 2. I just started testing FSX flights and there hasn’t been any FSX crashes thus far, I will continue to test to see if that made a difference.

My specs are: Win 7 Pro (64bit) FSX, FMS Manager V.1.8.7.0401. I never had a problem before with this and as you can tell from specs (Win 7 and FSX) there hasn’t been any updates to products in years so everything has been status quo. I didn’t want to start updating the FMS manager without knowing what is going one and then start creating more issues .

I see there is a problem posted for X-Plane but since I am FSX not sure if the same applies.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

Hi Forshaw,
it looks that you use an old FMS Data Manager version. Please re-download it from our webpage and install it, it should be solve the crash of the FMS Data Manager.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard;
Thanks for your response and suggestion, I appreciate it. I am not currently at my PC but will try it a later when I get to my gaming PC. I am assuming the updated version is 1.8.8

Will let you know how it works out.
Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.
Forshaw.

Hi Richard;

All good :+1:. Updated to V.8.8.0404 of FMS Data Manager and the AIRAC updated all add-on without issue. Did a flight and all looked good.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.
Forshaw.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.