In Game Panel suggestion

Hello,

First of all thank you very much for including this more than welcome ingame panel for Navigraph, it’s helping so much to have it in the game.

I have been using it for a few days now, and I see a few things that might be improved :

• The login at each new startup, but I understand you’re aware of this.
  • The possibility to have a slide bar on the bottom part where you pin documents. As for now I didn’t found a way to slide them if not all displayed. What I need to do is to delete departure document after take off to see all my landings ones.
  • As I’m flying on VatSim, would be good to have a marker tool to highlight part of documents, like taxiways when you get your taxi from ATC. That would be a banger !

Thanks very much for the great job !

1 Like

Hi…,

Welcome.

Great suggestions thank you.

• Yes we are working on login persistence between start-ups
  • Multiply pinned charts has been requested, and we would need to accommodate many such pinned charts.
  • Annotations are also in our list of potential enhancements in next Charts version.

Thank you for kind words.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks very much for the prompt answer Ian, looking forward to it !

Sasha

Hi,
It seems impossible to create a flight plan in a standard as .PNL format with Ingame Panel.
The save option creates a “datausage” file in LocalState. Are you planning to create a file directly readable by Simbrief?
Thanks for the very interesting product (I prepare a tutorial for it).
Pacha35

Hi…,

At this stage the In Game Panel accesses existing flight plans or those created ad-hoc. For more in depth flight plan creation including different export format, best to use Charts Cloud or Desktop.

We shall consider your suggestion of adding export formats to IGP in the new Charts offering which is in development.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
thanks for your quick answer.
Another question : when I click on “save” button on the “Type route” what appends ? I don’t see any file nowhere.
Do you plan to add possibility to copy/paste the text in this “Type route” window ?

Cheers,
Rene

Hello Rene!

If you don’t mind, would you please clarify what you mean by “LocalState”? And which save option are you referring to, the same as in the screenshot in your last post?

Copying text should already be possible, but I forget how MSFS wants you to do it. It might be as simple as highlighting the text and then right-clicking! You could also try the “Copy route to clipboard” option in the export menu!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi Rene,

The Save button in the Type route window saves any changes you have made to the route into the currently loaded plan.

Cut (Ctrl-X) and paste (Ctrl-V) works fine for me in Type route window.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian,

unfortunatly, the couple Ctrl-X or Ctrl-c andCtrl-V does not have any effect on my keyboard, in full screen format or in window format for the sim.
May be because my keyboard is cordless ?
that’s a shame because I think it’s useful to create the FPL with the ingame panel, then copy the FPL in Simbrief and tranfer from Simbrief to the A320 MCDU (A32NX).

Cheers,
Rene

Hi Malte,
Yes, it’s the same option in my two posts.
LocalState is the folder where FS2020 keep the .PNL files (C:\Users…\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_…\LocalState).
You’re right, I can copy the PNL with the “Copy route to clipboard” and then use it in Simbrief. Thank you, I had not try this option before.
Best regards,
Rene

1 Like

Thank you for the information! We are currently not storing anything in that folder explicitly, and that save button definitely does not have anything to do with it. I must admit that I had no idea that this folder even existed, I will have a look to see if we can use it in any way. Thank you for pointing it out!

Glad to hear that the “Copy to clipboard” feature worked as expected!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hello,
when you create a flight plan with Ingame Panel in the A32NX, while you are already in the cockpit, it is not possible to pass this flight plan to the FMS directly. You have to copy / paste it into the notepad to read it in Simbrief, modify it to remove the SIDs and STARs and read it in the EFB to load it into the FMS.
This takes away the interest in this addon which is very well done.
Are there any plans to explore this possibility?
Best regards,
Rene

Hi Rene,

Once you copy/paste into Simbrief you could create OFP in Simbrief and Init Request load. Might save a few key strokes . We shall consider your suggestion as we get further info development of new charts version.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Rene,

It turns out that the FBW reads the flight plan once on initial flight start. This is because FBW doesn’t use the built-in flight plan system. They have their own code that works well. We have spoken to them about this in the past, and they have said they could consider adding a “sync” button to the MCDU.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Yann,
Thanks a lot for your answers.
Hopefully FBW will find the time to add this “sync” button to the MCDU in not too long a time.

Cheers,
Rene

Hello Ian,
I don’t know if it is interesting, but I have translate in english (thanks Google) my tutorial about an exemple of using theNavigraph Charts Ingame Panel.
You can downlod it at this address :

Cheers,
Rene

Hi Rene,

Thank you for this excellent tutorial which I am sure will help many users. With your agreement I shall refer to it in our FAQ’s.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
no problem, you can use it as you want.

Cheers,
Rene