ILS Not working at KMSY

The ILS runway 11 into KMSY is not working. I set the Freq as 109.9 as on the approach plate and the inbound course to 106 degrees and when the APPR was activated it wanted to either turn left or right and go who knows where. I tried even with the BC localizer setting and it still wanted to turn off course and fly somewhere else. The morse code is the correct LOC frequency. I did have the upgraded KMSY airport downloaded. Not sure why it is not working correctly.

Hi,
which sim and which addon do you use?

Cheers,
Richard

My apology. It is MSFS 2020, and add on? Im assuming aerosoft?

And it is in the CRJ 1000.

So I deleted the KMSY airport upgrade, flew the ILS to runway 11 and it worked fine. Another wasted $ on airport upgrades…UGH!

Hi,
thanks for the update - possible it´s not wasted money …

Do you have installed the latest version of the Navigraph Navdata Center v1.0.3?

When not, please install this version. After that:

1. Close the sim
  2. reinstall your 3rd party scenery
  3. open the Navigraph Navdata Center (1.0.3) remove the AIRAC and re-install it immediately
  4. start the sim and try the ILS again please

From what 3rd party dev is the KMSY scenery? Have you a link for testing?

Thank you,
Richard

I will check on Friday! I will be at work the next 48 hours. But I believe I do.

Shawn Hoffman, NRP, EMS-I
Paramedic/AODS
Pafford Medical Services
Canadian County
Shoffman@paffordems.com

I do have the updated version. I checked on my way out the door early this morning.

Paramedic/AODS
Pafford Medical Services
Canadian County
Shoffman@paffordems.com

All right … take your time and have enjoy your work - when you´re at home, please upload your content.xml file here, that we can check something … also, please let me know from which dev/publisher the KMSY scenery is, that we can also check it.

Thanks and take care Shawn …
Richard

The developer is LatinVFR.

Paramedic/AODS
Pafford Medical Services
Canadian County
Shoffman@paffordems.com

Question… do you want me to try the reinstall if the scenery and reinstall the airac cycle first before I send files over? I would need some help to figure out what files to send snd where to find them lol.

Thanks,

Paramedic/AODS
Pafford Medical Services
Canadian County
Shoffman@paffordems.com

We make it “simple” Shawn …

1. Install the scenery again
  2. start the sim and close it after it is up and running (this is only necessary, that the scenery will be added in the content.xml file)
  3. start the Navigraph Navdata Center - remove the AIRAC and install it immediatly
  4. upload the content.xml file here
    You will find the location of this file here in the FAQ (it´s depending of your sim version)
  5. start your sim and try the ILS approach again

Thanks for the scenery-designer. I will buy and download it and try to reproduce it … :wink:

Have a nice day,
Richard

I buy the scenery from marketplace, so my sim has to be running. So I will guess then, that I will install the scenery again, close the simulator, open NAV data center, uninstall Airac, and immediately reinstall it, close that, restart the simulator snd try flying the ILS again? Just making sure this is correct? Thanks for the help….

On a side note, I have noticed when flying some ILS’s such as KORD runways 28R and 27C, it will not fly the center of the runway, it always steers you to the left side of the runway toward the PAPI. Not sure if this is a sim issue, or what, it’s again in the CRJ, mist any plane actually.

Thanks,

Paramedic/AODS
Pafford Medical Services
Canadian County
Shoffman@paffordems.com

Here is the content.xml file you wanted to see. I have reinstalled, shut down, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled airac cycle, and about to restart the sim and fly the ILS to see if that made a difference. Did you have time to check out the MSY airport upgrade and try to reproduce the same issue?

Thanks

Shawn

Content.xml (5.95 KB)

Okay. It worked. ILS both runways 11 and 28 are working as they should.

Paramedic/AODS
Pafford Medical Services
Canadian County
Shoffman@paffordems.com

1 Like

Hi Shawn,
great to hear, thanks for the update.

I have bought the scenery yesterday and have tried it. Also here, all was good - so, I was pretty sure, that this is/was a order issue in your content file, which shouldbe fixed when you follow the instructions.

Well done, good stuff and thanks for your answer. Happy flying and enjoy your day

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.