Having to verify account every time?

Hello navigraph team,
I just began using the MSFS beta and I love it’s potential and it’s already made flights easier to plan from inside the cockpit. But, having to logon into navigraph and enter a new verification code every time, at the start of each flight is a few steps too many .

I know this is a beta, is there a way just to enter a verification code once and then that PC is good as long as my account is active?

• Greg

windows 10, RTX2060S, i7-something, 32gb RAM.

4 Likes

Agreed this has to be changed also is there a way or is there going to be a way to bind the Navigraph window to a key stroke ?

3 Likes

Yeah, it is not a good solution at the moment.

2 Likes

Agreed this is fairly unworkabale at the moment. For me the link doestly actually bring up the page so ivwe had to save it as a bookmark. I have navigraph running on a seperate display so i wont use this when im doing flights with my monitors on. Howver the game changer here is that I do have VR and this would be perfect for VR for airport taxi charts and the like. Tried using it last night and as stated couldnt get link to work, had to re-enter code about 3 times during setup and flight and I could not get the simlink to enable moving maps on the toolbar charts yet i had it going at same time on normal monitor so my simlink was working just wont whilst using the charts in VR.

Hi,

Thank you all for the feedback.

We are working on multiple things, getting it to keep the session across flight/sim restarts, implementing a virtual keyboard, and stabilizing moving maps in the panel.

Stay tuned in the coming days for updates.

Regards,

Stephen

15 Likes

Wow! Amazing guys! Thanks for that :+1:

1 Like

yes it will be nice to be able to use it in vr, i pretty much do 90 percent of my flights in vr across all platforms of flight simulators and adding the navcharts to msfs2020 was awesome.

I agree this is a problem however the ability to use the charts in FS2020 is awesome! Thanks for the work you have done on this its certainly worth the time!

evening gents,

just seeing if anything has been resolved from this thread?
I have the latest beta update and it’s becoming increasingly frustrating having to sign in every time

Thanks Josh

Hi,

We are unable to solve it at this time due to limitations in the sim. We’ve been told these limitations will be resolved in one of the coming sim updates.

Did you see that the link on the login screen is now clickable? It will open a browser window. Could be more convenient than QR scanning perhaps?

Stephen

Thanks for the reply Stephen,

I actually find the QR scanner a bit easier and quicker.
Well good luck in finding a permanent solution :slight_smile:

(just a thought if our accounts are logged in with simlink could that be used to verify the in-game chart too?)

Thanks for the reply.

Both the QR code and clickable link are equally a poor options for VR users as they require you to remove your headset to either grab your phone and scan or access your keyboard to login. A pop-up keyboard in VR that also appears when clicking the link MIGHT be helpful. Ultimately, not having to sign-in every time is the ideal solution, once that limitation is removed by Asobo.

Terry

We have investigated multiple possibilities to work around the limitations, but we have ultimately decided that each and every one (including your suggestion) would impose a security risk that we do not want to take. In this particular case, we’re better of just waiting for Asobo to fix it, and when they do the panel will/should automatically start persisting your credentials.

Thank you for understanding!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

Do we have any indcation of their progress on fixing this? Paying a lot for the access and it is unusable in VR.

Hi…,

Welcome.

We have made the issue known, but have no information on lead time to fix. Rest assured we shall notify our valued customers of any progress.

Cheers
Ian

4 Likes

Confess to being confused as it appears the a320nx connection via the EFB is persistent so I assume this is peculiar to the toolbar itself. Honestly until this is resolved I won’t use it - I will continue with the app on a separate monitor.

1 Like

In the future will you guys get rid of this in game authentication? How about authenticating prior to flying and for the whole MSFS session?
Cheers
guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Welcome.

I have moved your post to this thread. You will see we are waiting for a fix to MSFS.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Cheers mate for the super fast reply and good news!

Thanks for working on this TEAM. I was about to post about it until I saw you were already on top of it!