Fuel figures

Hi

I created the same flight (A340-600) and same figures in the standard LIDO and the DLH format. It produces different fuel consumption figures – for example the FIX VIGEK. What am I doing wrong?

And: See the DLH arrival time (page top). That can´t be right?

Thx
0206_001.pdf (729.7 KB)

Hi,

For the Flight Log (ex. at VIGEK), the DLH format shows “Required Fuel (REFU)”, also known as Minimum Fuel. Whereas the LIDO format shows “Estimated Fuel (EFOB)”.

This means the DLH fuel will not include any Extra or Contingency fuel you have planned. So at VIGEK, DLH shows a minimum fuel of 101.2, while LIDO shows an estimated fuel of 109.7 (which includes your 5.0 Contingency fuel and 3.5 Extra fuel).

For the DLH arrival time, the last number (in pink below) is the scheduled gate arrival time (based on the “Scheduled Block Time” you set in your flight options), whereas the number before it (in blue) is the estimated landing time (based on current winds, cost index, etc). Basically, you will arrive almost 2 hours late according to this.

Best regards,

Hi

Thanks a lot for clarifying!!! Much appreciated!

May I ask you about the section of the OFP attached?

Above the red: these figures are inserted after the flight for valuation on the right column, correct?

What do you fill in the lower blankets? Block and taxi is clear… but what are the other fields for? For example “POSS 17495L”?

thx

It is POSSible to add 17495 (kg) of fuel where the limiting factor is the maximum Landing weight (depending on the conditions the limiting factor could be T for maximum takeoff weight or C for fuel tank capacity).

Currently, simBrief planned a block fuel of 118,342 kg (177,344 kg of takeoff fuel and 998 kg of fuel for taxi); the Captain may request up to 17,495 kg of fuel on top of that (for a total maximum block fuel of 135,837 kg out of 164,019 kg – the maximum capacity of the fuel tanks).

If you load more fuel that 135,837 kg, and given how much fuel you’re expected to use for the flight, you would land “heavy” (above the maximum authorized structural landing weight for the aircraft).

See also SimBrief - Dispatch

Regards,

Tim

1 Like