FMS Data Manager hanging during updates

Hello,

I am using version 1.8.6.0315 now after older version was hanging during a download/install.

I totally uninstalled old version/ deleted pertinent folders (ProgramData and x86 Program…) then installed latest. Issue persists. I have the program and folder excluded from my Anti-Virus and never had issues before. My Anti-Virus cannot be deactivated without an uninstall. I have even tried running with Administrator Privilege and same thing happens.

I can do some updating if I go with a single item request, but selecting more than two and the program hangs. It hangs in single download/install on Active Sky for P3D and on the Flight 1 generic (King Air, Mustang, etc). It will download, but hang on install at either 5 of or at 99% on either of these, or during multiple download/installs.

Hopefully this will be identified/resolved?
Kind regards,
Kenneth Wood

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome.

We have on occasions found some difficulties with the uninstall of FMS Data Manager.

I suggest a fresh start using exact procedure below:

Please disable any Antivirus and firewall. Uninstall AV if needed.

If you have backups of previous AIRACs you wish to keep, backup c:\ProgramData\Navigraph\FMSClient\backup

Use Windows to uninstall FMS Data Manager. Specifically:

1. Press Start and open Apps & Features.
  2. On the right hand side, open Programs and Features.
  3. Find Navigraph FMS Data Manager in the list, select it, and press the Uninstall button above.

If they exist, delete folders:
c:\ProgramData\Navigraph\FMSClient and c:\Program Files (x86)\Navigraph\FMS Data Manager.

Download and install latest FMS Data Manager .

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hello Ian,

I did the full uninstall as described. Reinstalled the latest data manager (again, 1.8.6.0315) and I still have the issue after removing AV. Funny that it began with this update and did not have the issue from 2102 or back.

It acts like an AV disruption, but obviously isn’t as I uninstalled main AV and turned off the MS Defender, so not sure what else I can do. Any ideas appreciated, otrw it is a single (one at a time) download of each (currently 8 items).

Oh, and no issues with the MSFS beta !

Cheers,
Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

As this is the only report of such behaviour out of thousands of installs, this suggests something on your system.

Have you installed any new software yourself since FMS Data Manager was working? Any Windows Updates? Can you revert to an earler Windows Restore point?

Otherwise you have the fall back of FMS Data Manual Installations .

Cheers
Ian