FMS Data Manager crashing

Hi. I’m using the latest FMS Data Manager for Mac (1.8.3.0310) and I can scan for ad-ons fine. When I go to update my Plane 11 (latest X plane version) data or GNS430 plane data the Data manager is hanging, thinking for a bit and then telling me I don’t have a valid subscription when actually I do have a valid subscription which I am accurately logged into.

I’ve had this issue for 6 months or so. Any ideas anyone?

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Welcome.

OMG, 6 months :roll_eyes:

At the least, lets get you updated using Navdata Manual Installation

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian. Yes I have managed to update it successfully manually. But even now, when I go back to FMS data manager it crashes. It is recognising I have the latest versions of XPlane and GNS430 installed but when I try and update (just like when the data is out of date) it crashes. Sometimes it downloads a bit of data and then hangs permanently. Other times it tells me I don’t have a subscription and never downloads anything

I attach of screen shot of the latest “crash”.

Hi …,

I suggest a fresh start using exact procedure below :

Please disable any Antivirus and firewall. Uninstall AV if needed.

In FMS Data Manager Settings Unregister Account:

Use Windows to uninstall FMS Data Manager. Specifically:

1. Press Start and open Apps & Features.
  2. On the right hand side, open Programs and Features.
  3. Find Navigraph FMS Data Manager in the list, select it, and press the Uninstall button above.

If they exist, delete folders:
c:\ProgramData\Navigraph and c:\Program Files (x86)\Navigraph.

Download and install latest FMS Data Manager to the default location.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

How would I do this for Mac?

Whoops missed the Mac.

After unregistering account in FMS Manager, remove the FMS Manager as you do for a Mac - move app to trash? Then download and install latest FMS manager for macOS.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Again. I’ve done this before and I’ve just done it again. Still hangs after about the same amount of download. I’ve attached another screenshot just in-case seeing all the ad-ons it finds helps resolve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.