FALE Durban

G3000 mod, longitude
Navigraph up to date

In windows desktop charts, flight path for ILS Z rwy24 is wrong heading and misses rwy by a long way!
Flight path shown on the G5000 middle screen hits runway perfectly. Haven’t had time to try FMS to touchdown, but using NAV1 and APPR mode flies plane off to the left by long way!
I haven’t got all the terminology right yet - a work in progress - but the course set on the OBI is 215 rather than 242 to match rwy.

Hope this makes sense

Will try the other approaches when I have time, and the UK is a bit cooler!
Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard,
I don´t know from where the course 215 is - because we have 242 in our charts and also in our data.

Here a screenshot of the ILS Rwy24 - you see the course 242 and the localizer is completely centered:

… also, I have tried the approach with the FBW A320 and here again, 242 is set correct and working as expected:

here from our charts with the moving map:

… on short final, perfect aligned with 242°:

Sorry, I can´t say what the reason is in your case but the data are correct so far and are at least work correctly with the MSFS.

I used MSFS latest version, AIRAC 2107 rev. 1
Cheers,
Richard

This is why hate msfs!!
There is an old reference to this on the msfs forum but nothing on yours. I love SA but have only recently started flying there as some good scenery is now available.
I attach a few photos of the screen - poor way to do it but I am running out of time! Hope they explain the problem.

Richard

I will send a message to the scenery developer just in case they have caused the problem - but I think the msfs forum comments predates the addon
Richard

Hi Richard,
you haven’t mentioned that you use an addon scenery, which one do you use? Because than I cam check it too …
Cheers
Richard

They are called gaffer simulations. Message sent but no reply yet
Richard

Almost identical problem
No mention if addon is in use
Richard

A quick update. Flight plan into FALE using RNAV 24. Once correctly lined up onto rwy I changed from FMS to NAV1 (correctly tuned to the ILS 24). Immediately the plane turned left and the crs went to 215.
Turning back to FMS set the plane back on correct RNAV course and APPR correctly flew the GP as well.
Weird!
Richard

Ok, but then it’s more a mod issue than a navdata issue. We “only” provide the data without any logic, that comes from the aircrafts.

Cheers
Richard

My problem with that is the flight plan shown is on the ils waypojnts but does not align with the runway.
In addition, using the android app shows the same discrepancy - and that does not know about addon scenery or g3000 mods!
Richard

2 posts were split to a new topic: FALE ILS 24 missaligned