Export Flt Plns from new version of Charts not displaying

Exported Plns from Charts not displaying in P 3d V5.3 Flight Planner or Active Sky P3D(v5) where the message received is Error “unable to parse the rerquested flight plan”. Flight plans are all stored in the requisite C:Documents P3D V5 Files folder and plans exported from the earlier version of Charts display correctly. Help !?

I’m having a similar problem. I can create a flight plan in Navigraph 8 but I can’t export it into my P3D v5 flying the Majestic Q400. The available options to save the plan do not include the .fpr format required by the Majestic Q400.
The flight planning process I used before Navigraph 8 was to use Sim Brief to create a flight plan. The Sim Brief downloader would load it directly into the Majestic Q400 route files.
Am I missing something?

Hi …,

Welcome.

Navigraph Charts can Export Flight Plan in .pln format for P3D

I don’t believe this can be read by Active Sky at this time.

However plans can be exported from SimBrief and read by both P3D and active Sky as per https://forum.navigraph.com/t/general-notes/9245

Cheers
Ian

Hi…,

Welcome.

Charts doesn’t currently have a .fpr export format. We shall consider adding this in time.
However SimBrief does have. You would need to export the .fpr file to where the Majestic Q400 is expecting it, likely something like…your P3D v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\Routes.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the speedy response. I think that we might be at cross
purposes because I have been using Charts for many years to determine my
flight plans and exporting them into P 3D where they are stored in
C:/documents/Prepar 3D v 5 Files as .pln files. These files can be opened in
P3d Flight Planner where they are displayed superimposed on the map or in
the nav log. They can also be opened in Active Sky Flight Plans

Since installation of the new Charts this has not been possible. The plans
are exported and appear in the requisite documents /Prepar 3d v5 files and
appear for selection in in the P3d Flight Planner and in the Active Sky
Planner, but they do not open.

I have Charts on a separate desktop which is networked via ethernet cable
to the sim computer. This arrangement has been working well without problems
until New Charts.

I am mystified

Kindest regard s,

Howard

Hi Ian,

Following on from my last email I have discovered that if I export a flight plan from Charts using the MSFS option and then direct the plan to my P3D plan folder all works perfectly in the P 3D Flight Planner and in Active Sky. So the P3D/FSX export option throws a wobbly whereas the MSFS option works - weird as they are both .pln formats!

No problems with Simbrief, it works but for what I want I prefer Charts.

Happy Christmas,

Howard