Double runways issue with custom airport

It seems that the double runway issue happens with all custom airports I use (which is a lot since a lot of airports are missing from the base sim for the province of Quebec)

I managed to fix it manually on my side by setting navigraph-navdata-base priority to -1 in the content.xml, but each time I open the hub it will put it back to 1

Hi,
please can you upload your ‘content.xml’ file here, that we can check the priorities?

Thank you
Richard

As the hub software put it :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Priorities>
  <Package name="navigraph-navdata-base" priority="1"/>
  <Package name="navigraph-navdata" priority="2"/>
</Priorities>

And how I have to modify it to manually to make it work with the sceneries I use :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Priorities>
  <Package name="navigraph-navdata" priority="2"/>
  <Package name="navigraph-navdata-base" priority="-1"/>
</Priorities>

Hi,
and where are the entries for the sceneries, which you have installed? The base package must ever been the highest prio, means one, therefore its called “base” … the prio is the “loading order” of the packages and therefore very important.

So the question is, where are all your other entries (sceneries)?

Cheers
Richard

If they are at default priority, they don’t appear in the content.xml (if they are not in the content.xml, MSFS assume default priority for the content loaded depending on the content location)

According to the package reorder tool, what I can find for default priority :

• FS-base packages are locked at the top at all time
  • modellib, vfs, jetway and livevent packages in Official are at -400
  • All other packages in officials are at -100 (including marketplace purchases)
  • All packages in Community are at 0

So the priority in the content.xml override the default priority for the folders mentioned in it. And if it’s not in the content.xml, it will follow the default priority.

Exactly and thats the issue … Try to add a 3rd party scenery (set it to prio 2) of your choice between the navigraph-base package (prio 1) and the navdata package (prio 3).

Reatart the sim and report the result please.

Cheers
Richard

The thing is that it’s a bit impratical for me because of the sheer number of airport-related packages I have(about 30, again cause by the lackluster number of airport in Quebec in the base sim), the easiest way I found to fix the issue is to instead put the navigraph-base package at -1 priority, which put it under the addons sceneries without having to change anything else.

… but than you will expect double runways, due the MSFS loading logic sorry. Thats nothing what is in our hand. That was exactly the reason why ASOBO has added the reorg-tool in the MSFS, exactly due that reason:
To create your own loading order …

Cheers
Richard

At that point I have to ask, why does the navigraph-base package have to be at 1 instead of -1 ?

Because to the exact same reason. The navdata package should “overwrite” (means should load after) some information from the base package.

It’s the same logic in the MSFS structure, but in MSFS the base package is calling generic-airports. This package will loaded first and after that all other scenery packages. This guarantee that everyone has at least basic information, but can add additional information thru 3rd party sceneries, what overrules the basic information, when they are loaded after (it´s per default the case because the generic package is part of MSFS itself).

3rd party packages must be prioritized, that the MSFS knows which package must be loaded when. Therefore ASOBO/MS has added this reorg-tool directly in MSFS, where everyone can add and order the packages in the correct way.

Cheers
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.