CTD in the vicinity of Lyon

Hi Navigraph team,

this is only a informaton. I had the last 2 days on my legs over France in the near of Lyon CTD´s … I am not sure if the newest update to 1.17.3.0. is the reason or not. My community folder is nearl empty and it is the same stuff inside es every time. Right now I have only the navdata, a few FBW A 320´s and a GCTS scenery inside. I removed some other stuff to test it again.

On my leg from EDDS to GCTS I did allready a second attempt after the CTD and didn´t have another one. Whatever. I will report tomorrow…

I also did the procedure with the content.xml. One question here: Is the content.xml like the well known scenery.cfg? Most recent is always the entry in the first row? I saw, that the Navigraph Data is at the bottom!

I also added the 2 fllightplans created with Simbrief.

Greets Klaus

EDDSGCTS_PDF_1624866279.pdf (917.7 KB)
GCTSEDDS_PDF_1624949416.pdf (946.6 KB)

Hi Klaus,
to be sure, if it´s a navdata issue or not - I would recommend to remove our dataset and try one flight again. Such CTDs are extremely difficult to identify because we have also no error-code, no logging nothing what we get back from the sim.

Therefore, please try one of the flights (if possible, of course) with the stock data and let us know the result. It is important, that you remove our cycle via the Navigraph Navdata Center and not only move the package in the community folder. Thank you!

Servus,
Richard

Hi Richard,

ok, I´ll do this and give you a feedback …

greets Klaus

1 Like

Hi Richard,

probably bad news. Without Navdata from Navigraph no CTD in the vicinity of Lyon. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

I need your data due to based in EDDS :-p …

Greets Klaus

No prob Klaus … are you able to upload the flightplan as text-file, so that I can try to re-produce the flight? What I can do is:

1. To check the flightplan - each waypoint and the location
  2. To check, if I can re-produce it

At the moment, I have no clue … such CTDs are nearly impossible to find without any logging or details from the sim. But let me do some analyzes - possible that I find the “warum” …

Danke & liebe aus dem Ösiland
Richard

Hi Richard,

greets in my Ösiland!!! I am also Ösi living in germany :slight_smile:

The two legs attached in a txt file. Hope it is not to much work for you. I guess it is anyhow fun for you, isn´t it …

Greets Klaus

GCTS EDDS and back.txt (40.6 KB)

Hi Richard,

have you had time to check the situation with the CTD around Lyon? Just for your Info, on my way from LGRP to EDDK I had also a CTD … :sob:

Greets Klaus

Hi Klaus,
currently flying but no CTD at the moment. Will come back when I have arrived GCTS …
Cheers,
Richard

:ok_hand:

Have you passed Lyon at all ?

Greets Klaus

No but, short before on UN869 direct MILPA …
Cheers,
Richard

Passing MEBAK in 2 minutes, still no CTD …

passed … no CTD, still flying

… so, short for the approach, still flying … sorry, no CTD over the whole route Klaus.

Hi Richard,

I also had one leg without CTD, but 2 legs with … mysterious … It is too bad that there are no error messages which will give you a hint … As I said above, I also had a crash from LGRP. And my community folder is nearly empty. Next time I will try again with Navigraph data and see what happen …

Greets Klaus

Indeed, the none-error CTDs are very bad and you have nearly zero chances to find the solution for it. I know from what I speak :slight_smile: … Please Klaus, give us a hint, whenever you have the feeling, that you have found something … thank you very much and “einen schönen Abend”

Richard

Hi Richard,

sure, I´ll do … Thanx for your time to search for a nearly impossible thing! Servus !

Klaus

Back in Stuttgart … Full flight, no CTD … good for me, bad for you :thinking::roll_eyes:

I’ve been flying in Lyon region myself with a IFR flight plan (cus bad weather).

Had no issues at all.

2 Likes