COM2 starts tuned to KSNS ATIS 124.850

I’ve noticed since I installed the Navigraph data beta on my MSFS 2020 setup that at least when starting in northern California, my COM2 is always tuned to KSNS’s secondary ATIS frequency, 124.850.

If I start around Monterey, CA, this means that as soon as I start the simulator I hear detailed information about the weather in nearby Salinas.

If I start much farther away at 1Q4 in Tracy, CA I hear nothing but it’s still tuned.

Hi Brion,
first of all, thanks for your report but there is no information, how and when the sim select which frequency where. We can only offer the correct frequencies but we have no influence when they will be active, where and how. That’s any internal ATC logic in the sim.

Sorry …
Cheers
Richard

1 Like

I’ll report to Asobo then, thanks!

1 Like

Great, thank you!

Cheers,
Richard

124.850 is the default frequency that will appear on the COM radios of any MSFS default aircraft when initially loaded into the sim. It has been that way since release. In the case of KSNS, this happens to correspond to a r/w ATIS that you will hear if you are in range of the airport.

2 Likes

Thanks @JRBarrett, haven’t known that … thanks for sharing your knowledge … Much appriciated :+1:
Cheers
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.