Charts/Simlink Stutters

Very much appreciate how much effort you put into your product and the support you provide.

However, your switch to the new forum came at a bad time for me personally. After years of using Charts/Simulink without issue, a few weeks ago my PC starting experiencing the stutters-during-long-flight-issue and I was using the old posts to troubleshoot. Now those are gone, and so, back to the drawing board. Blast! Making the old forum available as an archive would help. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the new forum.

Don’t worry. We shall work with you to get you flying again :slight_smile:

Please advise which operating system, which FS and version, which aircraft, what steps you have taken to install Charts/Simlink, what actually happens - so that we try to replicate here

Please post a screenshot of SImlink Status as per Posting Guide - Uploading Screenshots and
FAQ - Simlink Install and Systray

Cheers
Ian

Thank-you!

I just want to report that the TeamViewer session earlier this week has fixed this problem.

TR made some changes as to how SimLink operates.

I have completed 5 flights now without any hint of the problem. I have a multi-computer networked setup. The fix has seemed to improve overall network performance as well.

Fred K

So Fred K, what was the fix?

Stu

That is better answered by Navigraph. In the TeamViewer session the tech spent about an hour and a half rummaging through my computer and grabbed a bunch of file logs. He did say to be sure to launch P3D “As Administrator” but I typically do that anyhow…and still had the problem so that in and of itself is not the solution. He did say that based on what he saw that an updated SimLink version would be released shortly thereafter but that has not yet happened.

I log every flight I do so I have a pretty good record regarding the history of this. It first appeared in early November and seemed to get progressively worse through early December. That was when we did the TeamViewer session. Subsequent to that I did 15 consecutive flights without any issues…then it occurred in 2 consecutive flights after that. Since then all is OK again but I have completed only 2 flights.

So the bottom line is that I still have an issue but less severe than before.

Well it’s good they are going to release a fix, whenever that is.

I had this issue a long while back where it started to stutter every second after about 4 hours of flight (P3d v4) and it was fixed by a new simlink version. I see this stutter now in P3d V5 but not always.

For now, I’m happy just to wait for a new simlink version.

Stu

From what I was watching during the TeamViewer session it appeared that the tech was investigating evidence of a memory leak when we had P3D actually running. It was hard to follow though…So I am really not at all sure about it or what he actually changed.

Navigraph seems committed to fix.

Fred

I now have had the “one second” stutters on every flight using the NGXu/BBJ, P3Dv5 HF2 / EA on and Active Sky (all latest versions).
If I terminate SimLink midflight the stutters continue until I restart it, then all is fine.

Hi JLORENC, this is exactely what happens to me sometimes. even if i terminate the navigraph simlink, this stutters (every second or so) still happening.

Did you found the solution?

Thanks!

The only thing that worked for me is the stop/restart of SimLink. I use Process Lasso which allows that with just a click or two.

But - it has not happened to me in some time now (over a month).

Joe

Hi Victor,

Welcome.

The stuttering issue was addressed in an update.

Please:

In Simlink Plugin Settings, uninstall Simlink plugin from each FS, then completely uninstall Simlink using Windows Programs and Features

If they exist delete directories
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Navigraph\Simlink and c:\Program Files\Navigraph\Simlink

Then download and install latest Simlink using the default prompted locations.

If still an issue, please posts a screenshot of Simlink Status page using Posting Guide - Uploading Screenshots

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian