Can't see Navigraph Dbase in either Xplane 12 or P3D

Hi, have new installs of both Xplane 12 and P3D.
Have installed Navigraph and run the search & detect function.
All looked OK during the install processes.
Navigraph’s manager finds and updates both the Xplane 12 and P3D nav databases.
In P3D yes Navigraph is there under add ons. Its ticked etc.
However despite multiple restarts and checking around both sims in settings etc. I can’t see a Navigraph database in either simulator.
I checked the Citation X in Xplane and the CE560XL (Carenado) in P3D.
Neither show an active or up to date database.
As both sims have the problem I guess the common issue is Navigraph?
I saw your video about activating Navigraph on mobile sims, but what about my PC sim?
Thanks for you help…

Regards,

Hugh

Hi Hugh.

In FMS Data Manager Settings make sure you have the latest version 1.8.14.0130. If not please download latest, from Navigraph, install and run.

In Settings, make sure your paths for X-Plan 12 and P3D v6 are correct. If not, correct these and press Save. In Addon Mappings delete all X-Plane 12, X-Plane 12 addon and P3D v6 entries, press Scan and Save.

In Addon List, select and Update X-Plane 12, X-Plane 12 addon and P3D v6 entries.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian, firstly thank you for the prompt reply.
Per my first post this was a new install of Navigraph, and the APPs are the latest versions.
I did as you instructed, and this did integrate Navigraph’s DB into Xplane12. Thanks. So a 50% win!

However no luck with P3D. It’s my priority as I use it for training (bizjet pilot).
Oddly enough before I carried out your instructions the scan function had found both Xplane12 and P3D, but afterwards it didn’t. I checked and re-inserted the paths in settings (see screenshots), several times. But no luck. Weird that the scan couldn’t find P3D this time, even though the path is correct?
Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks for your help. I’m sure we can fix this…
BTW I have already asked Carenado for help, and they say they have done all they can.
I’d hate to have to dump Navigraph, as its really for P3D that I need it working… :slight_smile:

Regards,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,
thanks for the screenshots - sometimes screenshots are more helpful then words :wink:

Can you confirm, that your P3D root installation (this is the folder where you find the execution file for P3D - the P3D.exe) is on C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6?

Further, which addon in P3D want you update? The core database in P3D can´t be updated like in X-Plane 12 - only the specific addons can updated with the latest AIRAC data. Therefore the question.

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks Richard, I
I think you might be on to something… As I remember seeing a Navigraph folder within the add on I wanted to use it in. That being Carenado’s CE560XL.

I am away with work for a few weeks now but will revisit this ASAP once home. Can I ask, what folder / file should I be browsing for within the Carenado 560XL folder? There is one labelled Navigraph and another in the main P3D folder labelled similarly… If we can make it see the right place to install itself we may have a runner!
Regards, Hugh

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.