X-Plane 12

I just installed Navigraph on X-Plane 12 and X-Plane seems to recognize the Add-on App but does not recognize the data. X-Plane is still giving me an error saying that NAVDATA is out of date.

Hi,
how have you updated the XP12 AIRAC cycle, and on which system WIN or MAC?

Cheers
Richard

Yes. I have updated. I’m on Windows 10

How have you done this?

Cheers
Richard

I have updated both of these tools

• Navigraph FMS Data Manager
  • Navigraph Navdata Center (this only seems to recognize the MSFS2020)

I used to get a message when I loaded X-Plane 11 that told me that Navigraph was installed on operating. I no longer get that message. I do see Navigraph in the Add-ons section in X-Plane 11 and 12

Thank you

Tony Fazio

Hi Tony,
thanks for your screenshots - but I have two more questions:

1. Can you post a screenshot of the message what you get in XP11, which you´re mentioned?
  2. Why have you set the XP12 manually in the FMS Data Manager? I see the symbol “USER” which means you have added it manually? Why? When you press on the scan button, the FMS Data Manager finds the XP12 installation automatically … the XP11 entry is correct found …

It should look like:

Cheers,
Richard

Similar problem. On Windows 10, although in my FMS data manager settings page it shows the path to x-plane 12, on my “add on list” it only shows x-plane 11. I have downloaded the latest FMS data manager. Can’t find a “scan” button to press. Can you advise what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Hi,
it´s in the “Addon Mappings” section

So, goto “Addon Mappings” → press the “Scan” button and after XP12 was found → press the “Save” button. After that go back to “Addon List” and you should see a own XP12 line, where you can update it like XP11.

Hope that helps,
Richard

I tried scanning for X-Plane 12. The scan could not find it. I re did the entry using F:\X-Plane 12\Custom Data directory and still it never found it.

Tony

Hi Tony,
please confirm, that you have installed the latest FMS Data Manager version 1.8.10.x …

Thank you
Richard

I have installed 2209 REV 1 on both 11 & 12. I’m running version 1.8.9.0421 of FMS Data Manager for Windows. There is no path for X-Plane 12 on the list of simulators. I think that’s why I had to add X-Plane 12 manually.

Right, please update to the latest FMS Data version 1.8.10.0906. After you have installed it … delete the manual-mapping for XP12, save it and close the FMS Data Manager. Re-start it and scan your system in the “Addon Mappings”.

The FMS Data Manager should found the XP12 path automatically and also it should map it automatically.

Cheers
Richard

I have successfully updated FMS Data Manager. And it found X-Plane 12s path.

Now the only question I have is how can I tell if Xplane recognizes Navigraph properly?

I’m loading the ILS9L approach into KOPF and all I get is vectors. The actual approach offers Okane as an IAF and Vectors. To me this tells me that Navigraph is not working properly yet or your database is not up to date. How can I tell which is correct?

I also checked the MI9 standard departure that I use regularly out of KOPF. It doesn’t show up in X-Plane. Navigraph Simlink shows up as a plug-in but the MI9 approach doesn’t.

Interestingly enough the newly reconfigured airspace for FLL and Miami does show up on the map page of the MFD. Is the airspace coming from Navigraph or from X-Plane?

Had you remapped the XP12 mapping? Means have you delete the XP12 mapping, save ot and scan it again?

Cheers
Richard

Can we have both sims update? Also, How do I get the FF 757 updated in XP 12? Create a NAvdata folder in XP 12?

Hi…,

Yes make sure you have installed the latest FMS Data Manager

In Settings page,

Check you have v 1.8.10.0906:

Check you have correct X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 paths:

In Addon Mappings page,

Select X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 entries and press Remove.

Select any X-Plane addons and press Remove

Press Scan. You should now show the X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 entries shown above as well as X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 addons.

If not you, select +Add to add them manually.

In Addon List page,

X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12 and their addons and press Update.

You should see them updating in status bar, bottom left.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

So remove everything in the list then re-scan?