Not updating databases

Hi, I am using Xplane 11.5 in Windows 10. I have a Navigraph subscription but my databases are not being updated. (I have 2 copies of XPlane 11.5 on my PC in separate drives - one, in the C Drive, is my “working” copy and the other, in the D drive, is a back-up). The D drive copy shows AIRAC cycle 2009. I cannot identify the C drive copy cycle as there are no files in the Xplane\Custom Data file. I have checked the Path in the Navigraph manager and it is correct for the C drive copy. (Can I set paths in the Manager to update both copies?) I have looked though the forum carefully and tried re-installing the Manager, etc, etc but nothing works. Most grateful for your assistance and forbearance as I am almost completely computer illiterate! Many thanks.

Hi Peter,

Welcome.

1. In latest FMS Data Manager, Settings tab change the X-Plane 11 path to the path of the of your D-drive X-Plane 11.5. Press Save .

2. In Addon Mappings you should see the paths have been updated.

3. You should be able to update in Addon List

4. In latest FMS Data Manager, Settings tab change the X-Plane 11 path to the path of the of your C-drive X-Plane 11.5. Press Save .

5. In Addon Mappings you should see the paths have been updated.

6. You should be able to update in Addon List

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
I did all the above and it appeared to have worked - (though I cannot check the current AIRAC cycle for the C: Drive XPlane 11 as there is still nothing in the Custom Data file), but the available Approaches for Newcastle Airport (EGNT) still does not show the two RNV approaches (even though these do appear in the D: drive version). I assume therefore that the nav database in the C: drive has not updated.
Regards

Peter

Ian,

I continued to try to get the C: drive copy to update and was eventually successful. It appeared that the Path was constantly defaulting to the D: drive. Once I stopped this, the C: drive version updated. The Custom Data folder in the C: driven now contains multiple files and a CIPF folder. However, while the RNV approaches are now showing, they are not georeferenced. Also, my frame rate has dropped from 38 - 40 fps to 20 fps. I have not made any changes to my rendering settings.
Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

You are welcome. Glad you got it going.

The RNAV approaches are Geo-referenced . I show moving map icon when I am located there:

I am not aware of a connection between AIRAC data and frame rates. I would look elsewhere for cause of that reduction.

Cheers
Ian

Ian,

Solved! Somewhere in the tortuous process and XPlane reloads, the Vulcan rendering had been de-activated. Re-activating this solved the frame rate issue - now back to 30 - 40 fps.

Eventually, after one of the many XPlane re-starts, the geo-referencing on the EGNT RNV charts came alive - I know not why.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Peter

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.