Can't get Navagraph to become operational after all the downloads

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to download Navagraph products needed to install in X-Plane 12 that I can actually use like in all the videos as if I were a 68 years old and not very computer savy. I have tried two times as per Navagaph’s web site but all I get is what I think should be there but nothing works. I have spent thousands on this desk top and hardware and would like to see it work like in all the videos. I have Windows 11 Pro, X-Plane 12 and the Zibo Mod. Thanks Kelly–LaPorte, Indiana

Hello! Welcome to our forum!

I will try my best to give you a step-by-step list of instructions. Please bear with me!

Prerequisites

To begin with, to use Navigraph products you need an active subscription. With an ultimate subscription, you have access to all of our products - including enroute maps, Jeppesen charts, navigation data and much more. You can read more and buy your subscription on our website!

Installing up-to-date navigation data into X-Plane 12

To get accurate waypoints, navaids, frequencies etc. in your simulator, you need to update the navigation data that the simulator is basing its world on. This can be done with Navigraph FMS Data Manager, and you can read more about the process here: Flight Simulator Updates | Navigraph

Show installation steps
  1. Download the FMS Data Manager for Windows (click here)

2. Run the downloaded executable and follow the steps in the installer

3. Open FMS Data Manager. You should be presented with this screen:

4. Fill in your email in the first box, and then click the blue link slightly below it.

5. A new browser tab should open. If you don’t already have a browser open, it should start your default browser for you! You should see something like this:

Press the Copy to clipboard button and switch back to the FMS Data Manager application.

6. Paste the code into the second box and press Login.image

7. The FMS Data Manager application should now start up, and you should see this prompt:

Press Yes and wait for the application to scan for installed simulators on your system.

8. When it is done, you will be presented with a list of detected simulators. Look for X-Plane 12 in the list, and click the update button to its right. Here is a screenshot for reference:

9. A status indicator will show up to the left of the button, showing the progress as the application installs the updated data into your simulator. This may take some time, don’t panic if it looks stuck!

10. That’s it! Once the indicator disappears, you will have updated the simulator data (and thus the Zibo 737) to the latest available AIRAC. Congrats! You can close the application now, and repeat the process when the next AIRAC cycle is released.

Installing Navigraph Charts

To access up-to-date enroute maps and charts coupled with handy tools for planning and navigation, you need to install Navigraph Charts. This is our “EFB-like” application that takes everything Navigraph has to offer and brings it all together in a neat package. You can read more about it here: Navigraph Charts | Flight Simulation App

Show installation steps
  1. Download Navigraph Charts for Windows (click here)

2. Run the downloaded executable. The installer will run automatically, and then Navigraph Charts should automatically open, showing you this interface:

3. Press the Sign In button. This should open a new tab in your default browser where you are prompted to give the app access to your Navigraph Account. Just press the bright Approve button.

4. If the Charts application is not automatically brought to the foreground within seconds of pressing the button, please manually switch back to the Navigraph Charts application. You are now signed in and ready to start using the application!

Enabling “moving maps” by installing Simlink

The “moving maps” feature allows you to see your simulated aircraft position inside the Charts application in real time. This can be useful when navigating to increase situational awareness! You can read more about this particular feature here: Moving Maps | Navigraph

Show installation steps
  1. Download Navigraph Simlink for Windows (click here)

2. Run the downloaded executable and follow the steps in the installer. Towards the end of the installation process, you should see a prompt like the one below - just press OK.

3. Simlink should now open, and you should see the below interface. Press the Sign in button.

4. A new tab should open in your default browser, where you will need to sign in with your Navigraph account. As soon as you have done that, you will be presented with a prompt similar to the one below. To continue, please press the Open Navigraph Simlink button.

5. If the Simlink application is not automatically brought to the foreground after pressing the button, please manually switch back to the Navigraph Charts application. You should now see the main interface of Simlink! Please press the “Plugin status” tab as outlined in this screenshot:

If the list that you now have in front of you contains an entry for X-Plane 12, you are good to go and can skip to the end! If the list is empty, please continue.

6. Press the Plugin Settings button. This will cause a UAC prompt to give Simlink the necessary permissions to make modifications - please press “Yes” in the dialogue.

7. In the interface that appears, find the entry that says X-Plane 12 in bold. Find the button with three dots and click on it:

8. A directory selection window will now open. Please navigate to the location where X-Plane 12 is installed and then press the Select Folder button.

9. With the path now selected (highlighted in yellow), please press the Install Simlink button:

10. A confirmation dialog should open, letting you know that the Simlink plugin for X-Plane 12 was successfully installed.

11. You are now set up! The next time you start X-Plane, Simlink will broadcast the position of your aircraft to our servers, and you can now use the moving maps features built into Navigraph Charts.
    Here is a YouTube clip that highlights some of its use cases: Moving Maps for Real-Time Position Monitoring (YouTube)

These should get you going. Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Mister Malte, I have tried everything you sent me below and I’m still not getting any of Navagraph products to work. I’ve deleted all downloaded files four times and tried over. Everything in each installation steps I do. There is some differences in steps on my end having to do with the one time sign-in code but I’m signed into my account all during downloads. Also Navagraph Hub shows “No Simulators Found” when you open it up. When I am in an aircraft in X-plane flying a plane I click on the Plug-Ins tab, Navagraph Charts appears but nothing happens. Don’t know what to do.

Kelly— Indiana, USA

Let’s take one thing at a time.

There should be no difference for you compared to my steps when downloading our apps. You should be able to follow my steps word by word, without exceptions. Please tell me what steps you took and where things did not align with what I showed you - this is essential for me to help you!

What steps did you perform? Where did you get stuck?

The Navigraph Hub is only used for Microsoft Flight Simulator - not X-Plane. That is why I did not include this application in any of my instructions above. It is not usable in your situation.

I am sorry, I don’t understand what you mean. Navigraph Charts is not available in the plugin tab in X-Plane. Could you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing? You can find instructions on how to do that here: Posting Guide - Uploading Screenshots

Kind Regards,
Malte

Tomorrow I will delete everything and start over again. Then I will send screen shots to you. When I’m X-plane flying the Citation X, how do I open Charts and the moving map? Thanks, Kelly

Sounds good!

Navigraph Charts is a standalone application that is installed on your computer. You can open it by following these steps:

1. Press ⊞ Win to bring up the windows search menu. If it does not open, manually click the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen.

2. Type Navigraph Charts

3. The list of results should update, and you should see something like this:

4. Press enter

The Charts app should open, and you should be able to access all that it has to offer.

Explaining how to use the app goes way beyond the scope of technical support, however, so if you need any further assistance with using the app, I suggest that you search for “Navigraph Charts” on YouTube! There are a couple of really good tutorial-style videos out there that walk you through the usage of our app.

Kind Regards,
Malte

Mr. Malte, I Have everything loaded, Updated My FMS and G530/430 so no more Nav Data Out Of Date warnings but now I have to figure out how to do the same thing in my D drive because I have X-Plane 12 loaded there also. Now how do I get Simlink moved to a fourth monitor for moving maps? Thanks, Kelly

That’s great! Happy to hear it.

Why do you have two installations of X-Plane? While this is technically not a supported setup, you can install the Simlink plugin manually by following these steps:

1. Open the directory where the main X-Plane 12 installation is

2. Open the Resources/plugins folder

3. Copy the NavigraphSimlink_64.xpl file

4. Open the directory where the second X-Plane 12 installation is (on your D drive as you mentioned)

5. Open the Resources/plugins folder

6. Paste the file that you copied in step 3 into this folder

This should get you going! Please be aware that this is not a supported setup, and that you will have to repeat this procedure yourself every time that Simlink is updated to avoid issues.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Moving maps is a feature of Navigraph Charts, and you can move the Navigraph Charts app window around to wherever you please. Could you clarify what your issue is? Perhaps take a screenshot to aid in your explanation (see Guide to posting Screenshots).

Kind Regards,
Malte