[BUG] Export Charts Retention + File Format Save Bug + Feature Request

1st Bug:

When exporting a flight plan to the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (.pln) format - it does not retain the appropriate approach, it defaults back to “final” when I wanted it to be “transition” The transition I picked bleeds into final. It should retain the settings last known.

RNAV Z RWY 17L
Transition = FSHER

2nd Bug:

When exporting flight plan, it replicates .pln.pln.pln over and over each time a new addition is saved…then I need to go and format it to NAME.PLN in my documents folder. In addition, if I modify the name before save to “name” and select the dropdown of .pln (default) it still saves extra dots prior to the appended .pln extension.

Request in relation to this:
Can we please have the last known export flight plan / save location be the default when exporting multiple flight plans? I have a pretty organized file structure on my computer and its kind of annoying to re-navigate to it each time.

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for posting this and sorry for the late response, this went under our radar.

For any future topics, please split each issue into a separate topic!

Are you still having this issue? It sounds like a possible navigation data mismatch or an issue in the simulator itself. Perhaps this topic could be of interest:

This sounds related to this topic:

Can you still reproduce this issue? I am not able to, so it should have already been solved.

Feel free to make that a Wishlist topic! This one seems related:

Kind Regards,
Malte

Any update on this issue of being able to export to multiple file locations simultaneously? No one else seems interested, or no one has seen the wish-list to comment.
It seems that this should not be difficult to implement, but I may be totally in the dark about the feasibility.

Thanks,

Greg

You are free to share it around to get as much exposure as you want! I’d say that many users would prefer to use the SimBrief integrations built into their aircraft over having to export PLN files. Personally, I prefer programming the route myself most of the time!

It is not as simple as it sounds, no. But it is it is doable if our users think we should prioritize it over VATSIM features, Navlog etc etc, all higher up on the wishlist at the moment!

Kind Regards,
Malte