Flight Plan won't save in MSFS or FSX

I created a full flight plan which looked real good. I tried to export to MSFS and it gives me an error saying “Failed to Export Flight Plan”. Same for FSX. All other sims the export works. Sim not running when I created FP

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me. An hour ago I did a flight and worked…now will not save.

1 Like

Hi, Just updated from Charts 7 to Charts 8. Learning the new GUI, when exporting flight plan to FSX, Charts saves/generates 2 .pln file suffixes. Pretty sure FSX/P3D is going to puke an error over this. I will try renaming/deleting one of the .pln suffixes.

For the error to export flight plan - please paste your flight plan here so we can investigate. Use the Copy to Clipboard function and paste here. There is currenlty a known issue about SIDs with no transitions, they yield an error when exporting. We will issue a fix soon.

For the file suffix issue, this is also known and we will issue a fix for that too.

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

Seems every time I save a flight plan for FSX/P3D, it adds another .pln suffix on to the file name. or maybe…pln? So I overwrote/saved this plan at least twice in Charts, if I were to re toggle the export flight plan in Charts to FSX it might give me 4 …pln suffixes.

Thanks for your help.

PJM

KLUKKBIV.pln…pln…pln (5.09 KB)

Hi…

Yes we are aware of this and shall fix. Please see MSFS Export File Extension is Wrong

Cheers
Ian

This is a known issue and will be fixed in the next Desktop app update.

Regards,

Stephen

Hi,

This issue should be fixed now. Please try exporting again.

Regards,

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, FP is saving now just have the issue with the file extension doubling. Should I re-download the charts app or wait for the next update?

Blake

Hi,

Glad to hear!

The double extension problem has been fixed but not depolyed yet. Hopefully we’ll be able to deploy a new version of the Desktop app tomorrow!

Stephen

Awesome! Thanks Stephen. Really love the new version of Charts.

1 Like

Got the update this morning. After adding a departure to a plan it won’t export to MSFS2020.
I get “Failed to export flightplan.” but no explanation of the error.

KTPA BAYPO1 WILON DCT CTY V159 PZD T239 SAWES DCT BEORN DCT KATL

tia

There have been multiple issues with trying to export FSX flight plans for many years. Navigraph just doesn’t take the time to fix them. The only way to get reliable downloads is with Simbrief, which Navigraph now owns. Logic says this isn’t complicated but i don’t work there.

LFML/31L MTG6C MTG DCT ODIXU DCT NETUP DCT PALME DCT GONIV DCT LEMPU DCT LFMN/04R
Hi. I have the same problem. This FP was made with Simbrief, exported to Navigraph and then to MSFS Mission. Trying to load the FP from MSFS Mission to MSFS don’t work at all. Same problem with FP made with Navigraph and exported to MSFS. Is there any soltion ???Thanks