Airac cycle 2302 rev.6 won't update due to XML error

A popup shows that airac cycle fails to update due to an XML error when I try to install it. After, it says that its installed and can be removed. I’ve tried uninistalling and reinstalling the navdata center but it keeps happening. I was wondering if there is a way to resolve this without removing all of my addons.
Thanks

Hi,
please can you post a screenshot of the message from the Navigraph Navdata Center, which you receive?

Cheers
Richard

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like this. It also gives me this error when I try to remove it as well.

Hi,
thanks for the screenshot. Where is your content.xml file located? Do you have the Steam or Store version of the MSFS?

Also, do you have a standard installation or have you moved your MSFS somewhere after the installation?

The reason for the question is, that I assume that the NNC doesn’t find the content.xml file or you haven’t the rights to change it.

Cheers
Richard

Hi,

Im not sure where the content.xml file is located, it doesnt show up when i search for it in my files, and I haven’t been able to find it manually so far. Where would you usually expect to find it?

I have the steam version of msfs, I think it’s installed in the standard place as far as I’m aware.

Hope that helps

Hi …,

Please see FAQ - Location/Path of content.xml package file

Cheers
Ian

I think I found it. The path looks like this: “C:\Users\edwar\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml”
Is this normal?
Thanks

Yes, that is what %appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator expands to.

Cheers
Ian

OK thanks, is my content.xml file in the right location then?

Thanks

similar issue here, first issue I’m encountering with the navdata installer, and unfortunately a functionality breaking one.

Hello… Im having the exact same issue and nothing works now with navigraph…

Could you please give a step by step instrucitons on how to resolve this?

What do I do when I find this file? And how to install so it works

The downloads go into my community folder (steam) though does not work.

Do I move the content.xml file to another folder. (please step by step instructions)

Thanks in advance

Hello… Im having the exact same issue and nothing works now with navigraph…

Could you please give a step by step instrucitons on how to resolve this?

What do I do when I find this file? And how to install so it works

The downloads go into my community folder (steam) though does not work.

Do I move the content.xml file to another folder. (please step by step instructions)

Thanks in advance

Hi we are looking into this but cannot reproduce on our side.
We just made some changes to our backend so please try again and report here if the issue still exists.

Kind regards,

Markus

Thanks for the reply… The main issue is this error when trying to install from nav database. As far as im aware from looking at forums is this is the resaon I can not see STARS and SIDS etc in the flight planning within MSFS attached is the error…(its exactly the same as this thread)

Airac cycle 2302 rev.6 won’t update due to XML error

Nav charts work fine and so does simlink and all data within the in game charts panel work just fine…

Though I really want to see SIDS and STARS etc from within flight sim flight plan section.

All the install does look ok in the steam community folder. The folder works fine as there are some other apps in there

Ill try another fresh install from navigraph database. The issue Im trying to resolve is to see SIDS and STARS etc in flight planning when doing and IFR plan from WITHIN flight sim 2020

Hi Unfortunately it sitll does not work

I believe the issues is same as the previous user… related to content.xml file

As soon as uninstall the data packages into the steam community folder (this is when the error shows) the STARS and SIDs do NOT show in the MSFS map planning. The only option in direct in both departure and arrival.
the in game panel works fine as well as simconnect works fine too… I just do not have any way to load a IFR in the world map after selecting both low and high altitude
I still also getting this same error when uninstalling the data
This error
Airac cycle 2302 rev.6 won’t update due to XML error

Its the same airac cycle 2302 rev.6

flight sim was correclty installed a few years ago.
I use steam and am very familiar with the community folder

When I uninstall the Nav data files fro the steam community folder and load up the sim again all the SIDS and STARs are fine

Please advise how to prevent this error that others are getting here.
This error is the only problem. Or please give detailed steps on how to move any file around that

Thanks in Advance

Hi again. We have reproduced the error on our side. An update to NNC will be available within an hour.

Kind regards,

Markus

1 Like

Thankyou Marcus Ill return here soon.

All the best,

1 Like

I didn’t think the “content.xml” file gets used any more, and there is a new method at play. Leastwise, if I delete my “content.xml” file, the sim no longer recreates it, and all my “Community” addons are available.

Deleting that file, then using version 1.0.13 of Navdata Center allows me to install AIRAC 2302 rev.6. The files are in the “Community” folder, and it has created a new “content.xml” with only the two Navigraph packages inside.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Priorities>
  <Package name="navigraph-navdata-base" priority="1"/>
  <Package name="navigraph-navdata" priority="2"/>
</Priorities>

If I manually delete this file again, I can now see those two packages in the sim, but the navdata is not available.

Looking forward to seeing what the fix is.

And thanks! :slight_smile:

hi same error here…i can’t see cycle 2303…only 2302…when i try to remove it i have the error json…also the navdata center it’s not downloadable from the site

To restore default navdata, delete the “content.xml” file, and remove the two Navigraph folders from your “Community” folder. You should now have access to sim default navdata.